We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

WR2 | Online Multiplayer Tutorial

Automotive Gaming

-------------------------------------------

WR2 Multiplayer Tutorial

World Racing 2 is playable online, even if Official Servers are shutted down.

So, what you mainly need to play it online?

1) Tunngle:

http://www.tunngle.net/

2) Stock "MP Lounge 2" game application

Download Tunngle from the official site, make sure it's the last updated version.

Then, make an account (it's free).

When you have created your own account, on Tunngle, search for a room, in the left corner.

Search for "World Racing 2", then join in.

After you joined the room, make sure your friends who are going to play with you are inside your same room (remember, maximum 6 players are able to play together).

Then, open MP Lounge 2, and start a LAN game.

You can play in every room, not forced to use the World Racing 2 room, so if the WR2 room is full you can still play in every other room, for example... "ArmA 2" room :D you can still be able to play online, the important thing is that players have to stay in the same room.

Enjoy!

Tried this method with 8 different players, and worked with 8 of them, so maybe the only problem you can encunter are open/closed ports.

I want to thank my dear friend "BiggBoss93" who told me about Tunngle, and tried with me to play WR2 online!

FAQs/Troubleshooting

written by "FreddyDaimler"

- I can’t see a hosted game in the MP Lounge 2

Windows Firewall should allow both the MP Lounge and tunngle access in private and public networks. Also antivirus software must be disabled completely (game-mode might still block connections). If this still doesn’t work try to run MP Lounge 2 in compatibility modes.

- I have all the addon cars but can’t join the game

You probably have modified your addon cars or have a different version of it. Download the newest one and reinstall it.

Keep in mind all players need to use the same version of a car for Online use.

- I see a different track than the other players

Open the WR2 Manager and select the addon tracks you want to be driving on only or it will cause a mismatch. All players should have activated the exact same tracks and sceneries.

Now you know how to play WR2 Online

Have fun! :btup

Cheers,

A.G.