We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Let's get back TDU 1 Server's!

Stifler123

Okay, so I got an idea. Since TDU Servers where shuttedown by ATARI, they don't do updates to this game no more.

We can edit core files of the game, I want to say this - we can reroute game files to some other host machine, but game can get crazy. You know why? Because gamespy is offline too. Problem is, we would need two PAYED host servers. One for GameSpy alternative, second for TDU (Because, as you know, to get online in TDU you need GameSpy account). We need some great progammers to edit those core files of the game, or we will be ...

So, why I see that this can get true:

1.) TDU is free for modding

2.) Atari is not updating game no more

3.) By editing core files and rerouting them to other host server, you can get servers online again.

But, there is always but.. We need strong machine too for those servers. With fast internet connection and great processor and RAM. Something like i7 extreme edition and 16GB+ of RAM. :)

And, as you readed, we need GameSpy alternative and TDU host server, and they NEED's to be connected (GameSpy with TDU), and that is hard work.

BUT IT'S NOT IMPOSSIBLE!

Another problem, where are game core files?

If I would, or anybody else, would find those files, almost half-job would be done.

So, progammers, please, let's try this.

I know that there is alot of people who still play's TDU offline, and who want's to go online.

Honestly, TDU 2 is big piece of broken art! Physics are pants, everything are pants in game..

TDU 1 is the best.

What you think? More ideas to this?

We need only to find game core files to edit server protocol, and host address, that's all for the start.. and the only problem.

So, please, lets try to find those files and start editing them, it would be great if we get back TDU 1 servers online again!

Please tell me what you think about this, peace. <3

Good news! There's somebody who is working towards getting TDU back online I believe amongst many other things. Clicky

Although it's much harder than you think. It's all well and good having the game files but they are client side only as far as I'm aware and the server side files are not included in the game so this will need to be worked on.

I would really love to get back the TDU servers. After a long time, I thought about the game of my childhood and remembered that I had an account on TDU-Central. After some searching, I found out that this is the old TDU-Central forum. Hopefully, someone will get this done and we will be able to bring back some memories.

Thanks mate!

--- Post Updated ---

Well, it will be possible. But with the new GUI you will be able to connect on some other host. So start GUI, go to Network tab, enter your username, connect to the server and thats it.

I saw Speeders Project, and I'm waiting for the latest update. Till the latest update I will work with the server files and game core files... They are so hard, but why not.. And when latest update come's out, I will download it and I will put my work with his, and we will see whats happening ;)

• 1 month later...

Hi, getting server is not a problem, i can contribute (having my own server with ability to create virtual private servers).

But mentioned software which was/is on atari servers or whatever server it is, that is another thing. tduck member "Ryzza*" been writing on this in TDU 1 thread (it was one about TDU1 serv. closeout or such). I think best way would be if someone manage to get in touch with Atari & Game Detective or how its named and get that server software from them. Or come with some scenario so its beneficial for Atari to push this software to community. (i believe its recoverable and not deleted yet)