We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Who genuinely wants to write for us?

Eudemon

Hey all of you!

Right listen, we have a site after so long of not having one (god you guys went on and on) and I am trying to do my best to keep this place, that place, my real place and my living place all moving in a fun continuous motion. However I am only 3 people in 1 man and I need help! I have good folk like Ryzza and TDUFREAK, and when he can manage it, Loz, who help with the posting of News and such but I really do need more of you on-board.

So if you feel you could take charge of being the main writer for a set game or series as well as are relatively comfortable writing and using web based CMS systems like WordPress (what we use), Joomla, MovableType, Drupal etc then please get in touch and we will string you up and give you a trial and see if you make the bolognese.

I'm useless at writing, I can admit that but I am doing this because a) I have to and b) I want to improve in my writing, punctuation and grammar plus it's fun and gets new people to the community and also gets the highly-serious turboduck name out there. :oook:

So give me a shout in here or PM and let me know what you would like to take as your own, if we get a decent contingent of people I can start sending out pigeons to PR contacts and get you guys into doors and fridges maybe that will help with your writing about your said subject.

Thanks!

games

Assetto Corsa

DRIVECLUB

Auto Club Revolution

Forza Motorsport 5

Forza Horizon 2 (News - keep an eye out and post about it until it's announced)

The Crew

BeamNG.drive

Next Car Game

Grid franchise

Dirt franchise

Grand Theft Auto V

iRacing

rFactor 2

NASCAR game

World of Speed

etc...

car stuff

Motorshows

Motorsports

Events

Videos

TAXTHERICH

Top Gear

Chris Harris

Industry News

etc...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone apart from the 3 of 1 me and Ry and Loz have been removed from being able to write at this time. If you feel you can think of something that you would like to write about then by all means I'm all ears!

Basically it comes down to what do you play right now and what are you looking forward to?

Ry posts a lot of the months happenings but there is obviously more. Also it's typically easy to see what should and what should not be posted on WMD forums. Not to mention your article would need to be approved first before Publishing until you get the swing of things and are able to be let off on your own. :cool:

I'd like to write things aswell! I said that in the first thread, but i can't remember what happened since, if i was ignored (which i wouldn't be surprised) or if something showed up and i couldn't deal with it.

If i need a game to write about it, i'd like to choose the Gran Turismo series, as i am a big fan of it and i know that game from outside and inside. So, i don't know how that will actually work, if i can write about it, if i have to ONLY write about it, if i have to write everyday about it... :lol:

To sum it up, i'd like to participate. Thanks. :D

@Milli: You weren't ignored, show me some of your writing and I'll take a look.

@Clarence: Did you not fancy the NASCAR games? I may have a contact for those who can send you the proper stuff making it easier to write about and post the media. Also you wanted GTA V but seemed to leave that aside. :(

I'm on the fence here because I wrote some good stuff before.. (Or I think I did anyway and that's all that matters >_>)

A) I dunno what I'd write about.

B) I'm pretty busy these days and I dunno how helpful I'd actually be.

I'm with you. I think I'm a good writer (got an A in Engrish so that must mean something), but am busy. Any idea on estimated time commitment? Also if we don't play video games much would that be bad? It seems like a lot of this depends on how involved prospective writers are in the know on upcoming games.

Basically if you have an interest in a game then it's down to you to follow the outlets where the media and news regarding it will be best found and to post about it as quickly as you can, not saying it has to be instant but within 12-48 hours for sure. It's also about being able to put you in touch with the proper contacts resulting in you gaining access to the actual press media and such making posting about these things even easier.

We are a gaming community that follows driving and racing games closely so an interest in what you are writing about is obviously expected but you don't have to be fanatical about it. Not to mention guys, if some of the burden is taken off me then I can fill-in when you guys aren't available anyway as well as approach some other ideas I've been tossing in my head. :D

Geez, i've deleted most of my writting on internet... what i have is my old tumblr, which only has old and useless texts.

Sincere Pauses Family

This is the "best" post i can find. I had a portuguese blog, but i deleted it once it was used to call me an idiot in a fight/argument with someone. :lol:

Sorry about not having a better example. :sulk:

This what you've written isn't helping. :lol:

:lol: I am aware of that. But better say the truth and not make become a writter than write lame texts over there. Right?

Thing is... it's poo because it could've been much, much better... that text is too simple, too direct and it quite lacks content. Today, if i had to write about same subject, i think i would be able to make it better.

I still would like to give it a try and write something for turboduck, but that decision is not mine. For the good of everyone! :nuts: :lol:

I'll give it a shot.

I'll be getting #Driveclub when it comes out and be picking up WRC4 soonish. Also got a back catalogue of games in my collection ranging from Gran Turismo to Initial D, so if need be can easily do a "blast from the past" review or something.

Also if you wanted to stray away from games I could do the odd car review(actual driving, not using a simulator/game) as well as coverage from events & car shows. (cover neare enough every major car event to pass threw knockhill, as well as over half the rally's on the SRC calender)...maybe mesh it up as a "Blown Turbos/Turbo Duck" thing or something?

I'd try to avoid my trademark of bad spelling, grammar and punctuation as well. ;)

I think I partook writing for that GT5 magazine as well, just can't for the life of me recall what and how I did. Though that was three years ago, if I'm not mistaken so whatever it is, it's now redundant.

I'd be up for some writing, being a journalist type of person is a little bit of a dream I've been suppressing, this could be a good kick off.

Also, I think Ryan approached me asking to write a non-game related article about life as a car owner (when I still had the Vectra, so lolz would be had), but that so completely escaped my mind at that moment that I didn't end up doing it. Yikes. If Diablo or Ry is interested in giving me a second chance, I'll humbly accept it.

This is great guys! I really appreciate how many of you are wanting to do this and willing to give it a go. The real-life car stuff is very welcome and reports about events even more so as we love cars as well as the games that have them. We are turboduck of course so a bit of the random will also show up (see the Soup post for example!) and I'm absolutely fine with that.

As I mentioned earlier everyone will have their pieces checked before publishing anyway so it's mainly the content piece and the media that you need to make sure to get and we can work on the formatting or such afterwards, then as you get more comfortable with it we can look into allowing you to author your own stuff too.

And Clarence there is a good amount of people looking for NASCAR stuff, so that is very welcome indeed!

I'll update the Guide today and give some of you a shot so you can look around and have a play with how it works.

:gdance:

I'd still like to write, unfortunatly, it won't be about ACR as i've stopped playing it. I did submit some news about ti a while ago, but it was never published.

I'll have to see what I can come up with that's site worthy. I still have that Sim Racing article from a while ago just sitting on my PC, maybe i'll finish it.