We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

BMW M5 E60 Sound

tduchicken

I dont want a conflict and I don't really know you all I know is you make sound mod but you have to know that all the sounds I PERSONNALY TESTED AND HEARD via your YT preview are really messed up I think they need more low frequencies (BASS) and I'm sorry but did you test your SKYLINE Sound mod ??? the sounds used in it are awesome but they are still laggy. all of your releases need ENORMOUS fixes try to remake the entire thing and rework them PS skyline sound mod have awesome samples just rework it and test it (I know this take time)

EDIT: I didn't realise that you are new in this world so take this as encouragement not an offence :-)

Try to find videos that "Jorgemodek" has made, He is a high quality sound maker. And his sounds are used on a few mods, specifically the F12 in the UP i believe.

Use them for inspiration. It may sound harsh but its like that, his F12 sound mod is the other highlight of driving that car. We all want awesome sound mods to use, and im sure you would love to make mods that everyone would be happy to use and drive to.

• 2 weeks later...

That\s not that bad, I've seen worse!

The pitch-matching is perfect! In fact, I'd love to know how you did it! If only I could match samples like that!

However, I have to disagree about the samples themselves being good. First they're too short, and due to the way they've been cut, you can hear about 2 or 3 ticks per second. My mod has the exact same issue, however the samples are quite long...

Secondly, they have a very high compression rate (aka. Low kbp/s). I can hear the lack of any sound above 6k - 6.2k, and I know this isn't a LPF (Low Pass Filter) since it's a too harsh (usually when humans apply a LPF they keep it smooth, computers don't care ^.^), and it lacks bass. Did you, by any chance, download the samples off a youtube video with no HD option? Cameras usually have small electret microphones. These can deliver excellent results (They are even being used in Professional Measurement microphones), however, they have a small circuit attached to them, which needs 48 Volts to function. In cheap cameras though, all they get is 12 or 24. So the quality is dramatically lowered. The mic starts distorting, and doesn't pick up bass or highs. Not only that, but Youtube compresses audio a lot on non-HD videos to save bandwidth, totally ruining the quality.

Hey guys, if u dont like it and think its stupid then just shut up and dont say anything. besides, if u think it sounds like a vacuum cleaner or sounds like crap then I'd like to go see you make a better one. Since I have not seen that happen, I dont think u really can make a better one. So stop saying tduchicken's is terrible! :mad: