We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Serious Problem! Help Needed

Kn0wldg3

I've got a serious issue with installing mods, using TDUMT and installing the 1.68b patch. Every time I try to install the patch my game launches in my standard resolution 1280x720 60 Hz, and then it immediatly turns to 1920x1080 60Hz. And then the game stops working and windows 7 gives an error message.

Thing is I used to be able to use a higher resolution then 1280x720, (but that was way back), but now the game runs only standard resolutions.

I want to use TDUMT to modify and to launch the game in windowed mode but it won't let me.

What can I do?

No, the game is crashing because files are missing or corrupt or not as otherwise expected. Reinstall to restore those files. There are no properties to change. Trying to work out which files are problematic would probably take longer than just starting from scratch. Remember if in doubt install one (or a few) mods at a time. If you install lots and the game breaks you won't know which mod did it.

There are two copies of textures in the game. When you play at <=1024x1280 it loads textures from the LowRes folders, if you have the option higher, such as 1920x1080 then it loads from the HiRes folders. The fact that the game worked only at low resolutions is a strong indicator that files in the HiRes folders are bad.