We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

[PC] Connection Problems

IDprofile

I have two separate copies of TDU2, one for me and one for my brother.

I can join races, instant challenge, co drive, and everything with other players and it's also not very laggy.

My brother is in the same room as me on the same network.

I cannot join online races, instant challenges, co drives, club races, or go to our houses together.

The only thing we can do together is cruise and it's extremely laggy, it's hard to connect to eachother and our cars jump all over the place.

We both have no problems with other players only with each other. Anyone know why?

-Edit: Sorry, I could have sworn I put this under the sub forum 'support'.

NAT (Network Address Translation)

As far as the game server is concerned both of you are the one same person. Partly it's up to how good their server code is and partly it's how good your modem/router is. You could try splashing some dosh on an expensive "gaming" router such as the Netgear D6300.

I forgot to port forward after I got a new ISP and router. I'm having a problem when I port forward though.

I add 3478,8889 to one PC and when I try to add 3478,8889 to the other PC I get an error saying:

"The Destination Ports 3478,8889 service conflict with an existing port forwarding rule offering Destination Ports 3478,8889 service."

Am I doing something wrong? Am I suppose to add the ports to both PCs or not?

You're not doing anything wrong, you simply can't forward the same port to two different computers in your network, just the same as you can't write two destination addresses on the front of an envelope you mail.

The game server only sees your public IP Address (http://whatismyipaddress.com/) and then your router "forwards" the data to the local IP address (192.168.x.x or 10.1.x.x) you specify in Port Forwarding.

There are only ~4 billion public IP Addresses available in the world (0.0.0.1 to 255.255.255.254 to put it basically, not technically correct) and they've pretty much run out. That's why all your PCs, consoles, mobile devices that connect to your router share the same public IP Address, and your router translates it (NAT).

If you want to know more, research NAT and IPv6.