We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Corrupted file help

CDU_AT

Hey guys, Im in quite of a desperate need of help here. More than 100 hours of gameplay gone down the drain!

This afternoon when I was driving TDU2 and I completed one of my C3 races, my comp's graphic card took a dump on me and froze my comp when the savegame icon was still moving. Without any other choice, I had to force shut down the computer from the power button.

When i booted the computer back on, I started TDU 2 and it said that the savegame file was corrupted and needed to restart. I decided to use Windows System restore point to an earlier date as normally it really does work wonders, but this time strangely, it didnt. I tried using other dated to restore my desktop, but no luck to it :(

Throughout the afternoon I was looking for a gamesave editor programme that maybe could possible "uncorrupt" the file, however all my search results that came up were those hacks which I am not interested in as I just want to get my TDU2 back to the point it originally was.

Later at night while I was still searching for solutions, I came across one solution on steam forums which involved renaming the savegame DATA file from "!" back to "DATA". Still it didnt work for me. I tried asking my friend to send his savegame file over and test if it worked suspecting that probably the TDU2 programme file was corrupted as well, but his game file worked and when I tried using his playerdata file into my avatar, it also states that it is corrupted.

I will REALLY REALLY APPRECIATE IF ANYONE WOULD HELP as it is not only my beautiful Zonda and MP4-12C together with other nice cars and bungalows that I am going to lost, but my club of 7 people too which if I were to start a new account would be gone too.

Cheers!

System Restore only backs up system and program files (depending on space/settings). The save game file is stored in Documents, for which you need to have implemented your own backup solution. If you don't have a backup then there's nothing that can be done, sorry.

Hey thanks for the reply, however I would like to know if there is any programme out there that I can use to open the savegame file to edit the content inside and see if it is possible to uncorrupt it?