We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Ray sensitive Road texture by Kishin

Kishin

I don't know why but now my game won't start. I repacked everything alright but now my game just goes black I see the courser pop up and then the game closes.

Does your game work fine now when you put the original file ( CommonWorld ) back to the original place?

If the game stops like that more than twice if I were you I wouldn't continue and quit installing the mod.

Once I heard on the net that some TDU player who owns MegaPack ( or new patch? .. Sorry I forgot..) is praising the improved beautiful scenery 'cos the road texture size is different.

And I am the one who can't download the MegaPack due to regional problem, for that reason not only Megapack, I couldn't install the patch1.66b or better than that.

I myself experienced some others mods do not work at all on my PC several times.

but this mod works pretty fine on my PC.

My PC setting Windows7/ .. TDU game + Patch1.66a (important) + MagicMap (important)

When you've installed "MagicMap" and the game clashes, the problem becomes hard to detect for me.

"Is anyone who installed this mod and confirm it works fine ?" .. I myself want to know feedback information...

Your report is very meaningful to me Asg16_4. .. I check my files out one more time

If for most of people's PCs my mod goes like this, maybe I'd better stop uploading them.

hy , i have megapack and i try only the real estate president and its not working the game crash when i go to a estate place ,sorry ...

Thanks ! .. nice and quick information.

I extracted that file as if it's like a default original from an old folder and just put in .. so that could be a problem.

But how about other road mod ? .. would you tell me if they work out? ... Maybe just some day

Anyway I appreciate your reply ..

Really good news! .. Thanks for testing!

I just tested them one more time and uploaded 2nd version with some more file newly added together and got link fixed ..

I hope this time won't flop but .. not so confident though ... at least they are working fine on my PC screen

good its work fine ,i guess in the future ,there is gona be more choices of textures ,,,thanks

Don't mention it .. your information helped me out a lot.

Indeed .. I hope somebody else will use my idea and upload similar or even better road mod than mine ...

My sense of beauty is quite limited only within my own taste and nothing creatable more than that ..

Well, actually I prefer playing drive to studious creating job.

It'd be very nice if I found others upload the mods with my template based .. if any

For me, seems like the life is gonna be a bit busy.

Quick update. It's the version 4 Now.

A set of 2 files .. in the High Way folder.

This is not a new road texture at all but I put some decoration on it,

And 'cos I felt it a bit easier to drive so I decided to upload today.

Please check out the INSTALLATION file and if it's written "vesion 4"

[ATTACH]20053[/ATTACH]

And don't forget to Back up the original files before installation.

Now this looks really cool! Have you got any other map mods installed besides the road? Screenshot #3 in the first post looks lovely!

It was very careless of me to forget to put a clear explanation that I had ILLUSION's "nature 8 (v8a") in the background ... Originally I was only thinking over an idea that I wish to have some ray through tall trees and leaves left on the roads to match this ILLUSION's nature 8 environment mod.

And this mod in my TDU game for ..maybe .. 3 years .. I came to feel as if lt's default scenery.

That beautiful scenery is not the part of my job .. So my praise goes to him.

• 2 weeks later...

Final version updated today.

I enjoyed my challenge .. Thank you for trying my mod.

[ATTACH]20121[/ATTACH][ATTACH]20122[/ATTACH][ATTACH]20123[/ATTACH][ATTACH]20124[/ATTACH]

My mod may Not be suited for Long Play, so take breaks now and then please,

Some of my road mods are considered and made only for specially dark weather days to play short, so please always keep your eyes' and heath conditions in mind and be aware of brightness of the game to change the road textures to appropriate time span and total view balance under your own steady and clever decisions.

• 1 month later...
followed installation steps, but after installing, i don't see a change... what could be happening??

You mean the default road keeps coming up ( the road apearance hasn't changed ) but the game still works out fine ?

One small possibility is .. just could be but when I put my mod file (2db ) into "CommonWorldDiv2", the exact same thing happens.

ModdingTools says, 'It's replaced and BNK's saved" and then game starts fine but actually nothing changes.

Only "CommonWorld.BNK" can take effect on my mod.

And in my installation guide I didn't explained all versions of Djey:ModdingTools,

Mine is 1.5 and this version haven't made any troubles at all and I keep using it .. the 2nd reliable version is 1.16.2 (bug fixed),

And tdupe is very useful but this is no good for my PC environment and sometimes causes trouble.

and I realise today about 1.16.2 that I cannot DRAG my mod 2db files into the 2db frame.

(need to find and point directly the original 2db name in the frame ...replace .. keep name(?) .. and select the exact same name of my mod file and it's finally done.)

Will you tell me what version of the ModdingTools and the patch is ?

Things may be more complicated and I'm not so sure to fix your problem though ..

O.K ..I clearly understand the present situation you're in,

Now that the veteran player like you experiences this problem, so there's possibility that a lot of people could be going through the same.

Thannk you for telling this to me.

Tonight I'll try and test my own mod to the newly installed TDU game on my PC and next Sunday on my brother's PC with different disc having its different product code to see if that works fine or not,

Regardless of those results, it will work or not, I might be able to think up some plans to do afterwards.

My PC ... TDU game + magic map + 1.66a - without Megapack.

What I guess is your PC keeps rejecting to acknowledge my mod as default file and keeps kicking them out as outsiders.

And I suppose my "airplane mod" causes the same problem to you.

My uploading road BMP and your downloading dxtbmpx could be a final chance but.. anyway let me do some test tonight ..

My PC ... TDU game + magic map + 1.66a patch - without MegaPack.

I confirmed my mod (Final version) works fine on the newly and freshly installed TDU game, and I used 1.16.2 for installation this time.

but still this is the very PC by which I made these mod so still doubts are left only my PC easily treats my mod like the original files.

I'll try another test on the different PC with the different disc next Sunday... to see if that PC can acknowledge my mod and start fine.

Please do not use "real estate president Mod" in the 1st version that I made under different proccess than other road mods and was reported it didn't work by 2 players.

Mod making is sometimes very sensitive .. I myself experienced some mod that I made by PhotoShop worked fine but the exact same others made by microsoft Paint caused my game to be unstable before... so don't forget to back up the original files please.

Please don't hesitate and feel free to write down everybody's results here.

Since my mod worked fine on my brother's PC with a different disc having the different product code, I sorta unluckily missed the chance to quest the cause of this discompatible issue.

I am not so sure my mod is worth for you guys to do this hardwork but I am conceiving a plan as just a final trial for the people not having my mod to work, using DXTBmp.

But the test of it didn't go well today so ..

Sorry ..I need some more time ... I gotta go to work now