We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

F1 2014 Season

Ryzza5

We have a thread for 2013 and 2015, figured I may as well make one for this year :p

Not been paying much attention but have watched the first two stints of the race...

Mercedes are way faster than everyone else... good for them (Didn't Hamilton say moving to their team would be a 'challenge' for him though - maybe Merc got some R&D info out of making the A45 AMG engine???)

Go Ricciardo!

Poor Hamilton

:rofl: @ Vettel

No more signature F1 sounds with the smaller engines (was wondering why I couldn't hear them practicing from the city last week) but it has it's advantages, such as being able to heard the radio chatter better.

Race has been booooooooring since the first pit stop :dontcare:

Missed the start of the race as I thought it was later but from 37th lap it was quite interesting imho. Great to see Mercedes on top, though poor guy Lewis. I hope they'll be more succesful than last year as well as McLaren. And it's refreshing to see the novices getting better and better, finally it's not all about Vettel or Alonso.

I don't mind the new sound, never liked it as much as everyone else.

I'm interested to see how much people will complain if Mercedes keeps that pace up, I'm fairly sure nobody will say a thing even if they win all the races of the season :p

"As long as it's not Vettel" :lol:

Also, Ricciardo is under investigation for a fuel-related breach of the rules, may get DQ'd

The change in noise was disconcerting, it made it seem as if the cars were going much slower (though this isn't the case obvs).

Good to have F1 back, pity about Hamilton, well done to McLaren and woo Bottas was very entertaining to watch today.

--- Post Updated ---

Shame about Ricciardo, he's been DQed.

Awful weekend for Red Bull then.

Interesting first race. Glad McLaren are finally back on form! And Magnussen is shaping to be a solid driver. Blasting start for Ricciardo too, which I'm happy with! Real shame about him being DQ'd from the result, I really hope it gets reinstated.

TV Polonia I guess?

The TV barely cover WRC here, and if so, it's always around midnight and some highlight news. And when it's on Eurosport I always miss it. :fp:

It was on Polsat here now they moved it to satelite only channels because viewership was low i bet now it will rise :fp:

And WRC was covered on TV6 always an hour coverage after the rally not a 5 min spotlight like other channels use to do, but its gone this year too.

• 2 weeks later...

Hamilton wins, rather boringly.

Race - Results - Malaysian Grand Prix 2014 - Formula 1 - BBC Sport

Slight tussle at Williams over team orders, imo Massa should have let Bottas through, Massa's the new guy therefore really should watch his step with the team if he wants to stay there, Bottas could have easily overtaken Button had he been let past.

Meh, I didn't even see the race so I don't know if Bottas stood a chance but what I said above justifies the team order imo. Whereas if they were just letting him past so he could finish ahead of Massa would be a whole different thing.

And yes, even though I'm biased, I'd still think so if the drivers would have been the other way 'round.

• 2 months later...