We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

F1 2014 Season

Ryzza5

Very interesting race, would never have predicted that result. But yay for Ricciardo, so happy for him! Good work from Rosberg as well managing to hold on to second with half a car, and nice ninja work from Button getting 4th.

"Ninja work" :) I'd call it luck... Massa just came out of nowhere and ruined Checo's race. I was discussing this with a friend, and for him it was Checo's fault because he moved a bit to his left and Massa had nowhere to go but crash him. I think he tried to overtake way too late or maybe he was not aware the brake problems on Force India car. (That's why he started to brake earlier). Anyways, the Mexican guy got a penalty for that...

"Ninja work" :) I'd call it luck... Massa just came out of nowhere and ruined Checo's race. I was discussing this with a friend, and for him it was Checo's fault because he moved a bit to his left and Massa had nowhere to go but crash him. I think he tried to overtake way too late or maybe he was not aware the brake problems on Force India car. (That's why he started to brake earlier). Anyways, the Mexican guy got a penalty for that...

Perez got the penalty for it as he turned left when the track went to the right. Massa had also started braking quite a bit early just before the crash compared to his previous laps.

At least they were both okay afterwards though.

• 1 month later...

Another excellent race last night, quality of the racing is excellent this season for the most part. Great drives from Ricciardo, Alonso and Hamilton. Not a bad effort from Kimi either.

Interesting Rosberg keeps saying how disappointed he was that it hasn't been a straight fight with Lewis when his car breaks, yet when Lewis doesn't slow down to let him pass he has a massive whinge? I imagine it'll be a fun summer break at Mercedes.

You missed out. For me it was the best race of the season and we've had quite a few good races so far.

And I like the 3 drivers that were on the podium too so that's even better. :)

Shame they didn't give Hamilton an extra pit stop at the end as he had loads of new tyres, reckon he coulda won if he used 2 sets of softs rather than 1 set of mediums. But 22nd in the pit lane to 3rd isn't too bad.