We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Compatiblity issues with Windows 7 64bit?

JagHond

Hello.

This is my first post here, and I don't know if is this the right place to drop these lines.

After having installed TDU on my Win 7-64bit system, I'm getting random system crashes (the in-famous blue screen).

Neither I'm able to progress in the game, because I can't select "start" from any race menu, or see the map if I hit the "M" key.

I have a nVidia GE Force GTX 770 with the 335 driver (that last one released a few days ago) and have applied the nVidia Inspector settings suggested for the sim. I'm also keeping the resolution low with no AA effect and all the details to the low level.

What I'm missing?

Best regards, and thanks in advance.

JagHond

Where did you get the game from? Do you have any time to see what the error messages in the blue screen say? It's strange, I've never heard anyone have trouble with 64-bit and TDU before, a lot of people here have 64-bit systems and everything seems to work fine for them.

Why are you keeping the resolution and AA down? A 770 should max this game with no major problems but what are the rest of your computer specs? Have you tried running without the Nvidia Inspector settings? Haven't heard any special complaints about that either but you never know. Could it be overheating?

I also moved this thread to the TDU section as it doesn't involve modding.

Thanks for moving my post to the right place.

I was almost to forget this, don't know if is important: after having installed TDU, I applied the 1.66A patch and then the 1.68b straight after. Did I it right or wrong?

Where did you get the game from? Do you have any time to see what the error messages in the blue screen say?

I bought the original one, sir :rolleyes:, and never was so quick to take a note about.

I'm going to attach the minidump files - thanks for the hint, BTW.

031614-8314-01.dmp > MEMORY_MANAGEMENT | ntoskrnl.exe > that is a system file (THE system file as recognised by taskmgr, so will be driven to crash by something else) MEMORY_MANAGEMENT almost certainly indicates a RAM problem. Burn MemTest86+ onto a blank CD using an ISO Burner and run it overnight or when you're not going to need the computer for a good few hours.

031614-7690-01.dmp > PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA | asmtxhci.sys > XHCI Host Controller Driver from ASMedia Technology Inc. I would re-install the newest driver available.

031614-7503-01.dmp > PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA | Msfs.SYS > MailSlot driver and could again be related to memory.

031614-7706-01.dmp > IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL | discache.sys > System file, something else seems to be causing it to crash.

031614-7893-01.dmp > PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA | netbt.sys > MBT Transport Driver, part of the OS. Again, check memory using MemTest86+ and the chkdsk utility.

Hope it helps, and Jesus, that took a lot of typing.

To Robik: yes, I have installed both (Megapack and 1.68 patch, I mean).

To joe_alker: thanks a lot for your time and patience. I noticed that installing a previous version of nVidia drivers helped a bit - I'm testing the 320.49 adn seems a little more stable. Well, we'll see.

Best regards.