We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

turboduck Plays The Crew - aka Climate Change of Fish Report

Soundwave

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If this wasn't long enough for you, here are two other accounts:

TDU-France [French]

reddit: Behind The Scenes at Ivory Tower - The Full Experience : The_Crew and his Q&A My personal QA at Ivory Tower in Lyon, France : The_Crew

MadManCK: TDU Drive Time View topic - The Crew First Impresssions

So now you know why us staff have been more excited than the rest of you doubters about this game - the hardcore physics sound awfully promising for us wheel owners.

I would also like to point out that Diablo was offered this trip, but he selflessly offered it to the rest of us (staff). If I wasn't asleep in another time zone I might've been able to stick my hand up before Soundwave :( :lol:

:lol: You guys are getting important and all... going to releasing games meetings and such... all i can say is that i'm proud to be a member and to see how this forum grew so much!

Congratulations to people involved (staff) and thanks soundwave for writting this report! :D

Edit: Feels like... my internet folks are growing...

tumblr_inline_mypxxuwPsn1r752ee.gif

It looks like it was a very enjoyable trip for all involved, it's quite something to read something where everyone is just getting along, having a laugh as well as doing what they are there to do. Seeing how the devs were watching, taking note and listening to you guys as well as you all following the PR path and such but then being able to go back to the game and just play as you wished is really refreshing. Clearly it's not an approach that can be done by typical media and it was quote surprising to hear how you guys were the first to be allowed to see the "work-floor" where obviously the game is itself being developed so no doubt some things were seen, but at that same time we have the respect to share what we can and not just blurt out everything and anything.

The bonding of everyone over meals and dinner was cool too, everyone just acting as themselves and having discussions about whatever while the hours just pass is really something you hardly ever get to read, and that's understandable as typically games-journos are there to find out things in what little time they have.

It's really something that they brought those of us from the main community side over to them and from all places of the world too. The future support that will be provided to the game looks to be strong and the willingness to hear feedback from their playerbase will only help intensify that. :D

Thx soundwave, really a great read. Since i'll be picking this game for PS4, and having Fanatec CSR Elite, my only concern is the wheel support on PS4, as we don't know much, do you have any info from developers.

I will distribute your report (to Croatian GT community) with link to this forum.

Once again thx.

This is my 12th post on this forum, so you know how much I appreciate your report :-)

I think the wheels that can be used and such will be info that is still to come, I imagine they would want to support as many as they can but it all depends on if that's possible with the drivers and relevant apis (if required) being available.

I think the wheels that can be used and such will be info that is still to come, I imagine they would want to support as many as they can but it all depends on if that's possible with the drivers and relevant apis (if required) being available.

Hopefully, we'll know soon. Thx Diablo

Thanks all! :D

Since i'll be picking this game for PS4, and having Fanatec CSR Elite, my only concern is the wheel support on PS4, as we don't know much, do you have any info from developers.

I don't have any info on that unfortunately, because Ivory Tower was still working on licensing when I was there.

--- Post Updated ---

Also has anyone seen Soundy? *whistles*

Soup!

Ah Dan, you're alive man! Excellent, alright let's get some of these questions asked.

Q: If you know, how do the borders work in regards to Canada and Mexico?

Q: Did you see the digital HUD's working inside the cockpit views of the cars?

Q: How does the land vary as you travelled the environment, I know you said you didn't see much "c&p" but what about the land itself, is it empty vast spaces of green all the time or does it properly change up and not become too samey?

Q: Can your driver stop and buy a bacon sandwich?

I'll give you those for starters mate. :)

Q: If you know, how do the borders work in regards to Canada and Mexico?

There are big walls at the borders like this:

gall.texmex.gi.jpg

Q: Did you see the digital HUD's working inside the cockpit views of the cars?

I only saw digital HUD's working in the tuned "raid" cars .

Q: How does the land vary as you travelled the environment, I know you said you didn't see much "c&p" but what about the land itself, is it empty vast spaces of green all the time or does it properly change up and not become too samey?

Some states on the map like New Mexico have empty spaces, other states have forests, hills, off-road tracks, little towns, farms and different variations of bushes and trees to make look not too samey. Ivory Tower is also adding more stuff to the lands to make off-roading as fun as driving on the normal roads.

Q: Can your driver stop and buy a bacon sandwich?

Nope. :sulk: