We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Team VVV at The Crew Preview Event - Excellent Video, Interviews & Gameplay [Up:Report Posted]

Eudemon

Team VVV has posted a new video showing their time with the game at 'The Crew' Preview Event, they also do a really good interview with Stephane aka 'Fergus' (:oook:) where he talks about how he got started with games and how the idea and passion for a game bigger and with more than TDU came about and how we wanted to go and make it.

Enjoy!

:hmmm: At 7m44s you can see a tuned Aventador spinning it's rear wheels before a race starts, does this mean that drivetrain swaps are available or just some for thrills nonsense?

UPDATE!: Part 2

UPDATE!: Hands-on Report - Veni Vidi Vici - When Worlds Collide: hands-on with The Crew

That's because TDU2 was made by different staff. The Crew is the REAL TDU2 we've been waiting for, made largely by the TDU1 dev team. Don't worry about what you see in E3 videos, etc where the journo's can't drive - we've had TDU1 fans from the community forums playing for 2 days in Hardcore mode with a wheel and they've come back saying it's epic.

That's one hell of a report and so well written, could learn from just reading it over and over again for my own posting. :lol:

In all seriousness though, that was really enjoyable and informative and despite it's length didn't seem to feel as if it was going on too long at all. The section breakdowns and the in-depth analysis and explanations of them all made it easy to ascertain what he was feeling and seeing from the game. Highly recommend you all read this and it was also good to see us get a mention within it too. :D

never say never indeed. Lets remember TDU wasn't mod friendly

This does not relate to modding from the community but modifying with performance parts in the game.

Ferrari didn't like bikini car wash (are they Italian or not??) and to paint the cars freely and to tune the cars in TDU2, while in TDU1 you could tune and paint them (factory colors). They can create a lot of headaches for the car modeling department :lol:

But the USA is a big market for them as well. They are still working on licenses for The Crew, so never say never (i can remember some "issues" with another Italian brand during TDU2 licensing, that is already confirmed for The Crew, Lamborghini).

There were cars on the "Cool Wall" at Ivory Tower, that are still not revealed (other brands), some may never be part of the game. Licensing is still in progress. So we will see what they cook up for the carlist, once more info becomes available.

But like Diablo said, tuning options will be limited for certain brands. Makes sense too.:cool:

I got to be honest - I am a big fan of the graphics, the cars and the map, but I'm not really into this tuning stuff. This offroad-customization is just ridiculous. And with all this visible engine parts modding will be a pain in the butt :cheeky: also the handling looks "okay". Better than TDU2 for sure, but how cool it would be with the handling of Forza. Nevertheless, looking forward for this mammouth project :nods:

That's one hell of a report and so well written, could learn from just reading it over and over again for my own posting. :lol:

In all seriousness though, that was really enjoyable and informative and despite it's length didn't seem to feel as if it was going on too long at all. The section breakdowns and the in-depth analysis and explanations of them all made it easy to ascertain what he was feeling and seeing from the game. Highly recommend you all read this and it was also good to see us get a mention within it too. :D

I thought beyond the first section the rest was a compilation of their previous articles.

And I can't believe you didn't tell me off for not starting a new thread :lol: