We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDUPE Back up problem

Guepardo2701

Hi, i just had a big fat problem with TDUPE 2.5

The last weeks i've been modding every car in game, and today TDUPE gave me an error "Unhandled exception", a .NET problem.

After re-downloading TDUPE 2.5, and finally making it run, i found out that all settings were default again...:ill:

Wow, well, i must have overwritten the database, but i thought the database was saved and secured inside the game directory files, not inside TDUPE files... i really have no idea where are these files and i'm regretting that i didn't take care about it before... :(

So.. two questions...

Where are the database files?? so i can backup them in the future...

and, can i somehow recover the lost database?? that would be awesome

Thanks!

;)

The Database files are basicly a game registry which the game engine is reading. All about car slots, colors, rims, basicly everything about the driveble cars, houses, these and that. Included the car physics, yes.

Tdupk files are the files TDUPE produces, and only this program can work with it. Basicly to im-exporting car data between PE's. If you import a tdupk file into the PE and press save, you update a resource line in the database. I can go way deeper in this topic as I am working a lot with the database files very much, but I think it would be too much for now.

About your other question: unless you have not backuped your /Database/ order in /Test Drive Unlimited/Euro/BNK/ or moved the directory into the trash which you can restore, you can't restore them.

Good luck with your peojects

Thanks for your response!

Then this Database folder in /Test Drive Unlimited/Euro/BNK/ is where car physics and such are saved?

--- Post Updated ---

well in Temp folder of TDUPE, there are some files from before today's crash.

TDU_CarPhysicsData.db_old

TDU_CarPhysicsData.db_old_old

TDU_CarPhysicsData.us_old

TDU_CarPhysicsData.us_old_old

TDU_CarShops.db_old

TDU_CarShops.db_old_old

Being those _old the older files created

Maybe there is something that could i do with these files to recover the previous settings?

Yes, that's where they are saved.

Indeed, that could help. Just delete the "_old" and look for the latest backup - which should be the one with just "...Data_old.db" written. After renaming replace them with the tdu modding tools files browser

That should do it I guess