We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Eudemon

[headline]The Crew at PAXEast 2014[/headline]

PAXEast is kicking off and The Crew is there, so no doubt there will be plenty of impressions and maybe some off-screen videos so if you find any please post them here and we will add them to a rolling list here in the first post. Thanks!!

thecrew-paxeast.png

Impressions & Reports

Videos

Youtube Vids

MMORPG - 16 mins of off-screen

[spoiler=IGN Vids]IGN - Detroit Streetrace

IGN - Offroad Takedown

IGN (same as Exploring America in The Crew - IGN Conversation)

8 players cap again?, next gen....

As long as not everybody has a "next-gen" high speed fibre optic internet connection, there are limits to what you can do online. A lot of players still have a poor connection, or are playing through a wifi network etc. They have to take the worst kind of connections in account when they write the server codes.

There are 8 players in a session "bubble" but there are 1000nds of players online at the same time. Roads would be cluttered with cars and the world would become unplayable if you make those bubbles too big.

Other games have up to 12 cars in a race (Grid2) so maybe that can be done in the future. But that game has no open world to cope with.

Right now it is more important to get the most stable and best possible online experience, without the issues we had to deal with in TDU2.

I think that has a higher priority than adding a few more players in a group.

:cool:

The AI traffic must make an impact too, and if MCLA showed me something it's that a lack of traffic makes for a boring p2p drive usually. That being said I would have liked it to be 10+ preferably 12. It will be interesting to see if Forza Horizon 2 has upped the active players shown to more than the 'typical' 8.

8 is a bit dissapointing number, yeah, but I see the reasoning behind it... Plus, we have NCG for destruction derbys.

Anyways, the off-screen video was rather enjoyable. Maybe the HC mode will fix it, however the amount of gravity the Cayman had was a bit dissapointing.

Damn, I really like the word.

probably dumming it down for consoles but meh TDU was hell of a fun with 8 players I don't really care.