We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The Crew Gameplay Videos & Preview from Gamersyde - [Grand Canyon, Pikes Peak and *cold* added!]

Eudemon

A good few The Crew gameplay videos can be seen in this Preview from the fans' favourite site, Gamersyde. Ivory Tower invited a member of them to come down and try out the game for a few hours and if you didn't know about the site then you should, as they are the place people go to see high-quality uncompressed, direct feed, direct audio and in 60fps videos in all manners of resolutions which can either be streamed for those quick viewer or downloaded for the full-on experience.

thecrew-gamersyde-preview.png

They were also big fans of the original Test Drive Unlimited so their impressions should speak to a number of us here too. :cool:

Gamersyde Preview : The Crew - Gamersyde

Google Translation ENG to FR

The more I see of these videos, the more I want this game. The physics look fantastic, as do the graphics, can't wait to get my hands on this. Also showed that there is still work to be done, the digital dash in the Aventador didn't work, but meh. They have a few months to polish these things out. :D Also, do we know anything about these wrecks? I loved that aspect of TDU2. :hmmm:

These latest articles and videos have given me some hope towards the game.I honestly hope they aren't showing MORE because they decided to, not because they can't.Oh well, I suppose we'll see when it comes out, would be nice to cruise around.Sounds are not perfect, but they are nowhere as near as dissapointing as TDU2's were.

Oh, this made me to even pre-order it. :eek:

Vehicle sounds won't be (hopefully) much of a problem finally, the Focus RS sounded pretty accurate... Physics look to be nice, too; I spy a bit of Driver SF and TDU mixed up together, which is totally fine! Also, I kind of didn't expect too see different interior trims to choose from like it was in TDU/2! :btup

I hope not to be disappointed. :evil:

"next gen" isn't going to be possible, when they've been working on it for 6 years.

That means they've been working on it for nearly as long as the 360 and PS3 were out, so it's definitely not going to be the whole "next gen" type of graphics. We won't be seeing true next gen graphics until Destiny, etc. start coming out - games that have been developed SOLELY for next gen consoles.

Open world games will always be a bit behind visually, then again check out inFAMOUS Second Son, game looks the nuts! Open-world racers though are again a different matter with the speed you blitz through the game world so some concessions are of course going to be made. As long as it plays well I couldn't care less about how it looks but I know graphics is one of the key areas that make people cream themselves. Especially those on PC. :lol:

Those videos alongside with those great previews got me even more convinced about the game. So far I was worried about driving physics but those small moments with HC and sport mode look pretty good. It's only a shame that they were using a Mini instead of some kind of RWD like Hm... Z4 or something else :).

• 1 month later...