We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Project CARS as seen by RENE RAST!!!

Fear Deer

Interesting to see how close his real life and pCARS lap times are

Also a nice quote from him here:

Ich persönlich bastel mir die Set Ups immer so, dass sie vllt nicht gesehen auf die Rundenzeit die schnellste ist, aber dafür realistisch.

Mir gehts ja nicht darum der schnellste im Sim zu sein sondern auf der Strecke, daher versuche ichs immer eins zu eins so zu basteln das es dem echtem Auto nahe kommt. Das ist bei Project Cars im Moment am besten machbar

I put setups together, that arent the fastest, but the most realistic. I dont want to be the fastest in a Sim but on the real racetrack, hence Im trying to fit the setup as close to the real as possible. For this approach, pCARS is the best to achieve this.

• 4 weeks later...
This is a short Video of the Oreca 03 Lmp2 in Le Mans. I cut off all the long straights to make the video a bit shorter

Yesterday my fastest laptime in real life was 3.40.170 and one day later I tried the same car in Project Cars and did a 3.40.110.

For me this is the best preparation for the 24h race as the car feels almost like the real Lmp2.

Preparing for the big race, Le 24 Heures du Mans - ACO Official

Today on the Simulator I already improved my fastet lap from yesterday done at the official Le Mans Test...I think I gonna do two 24h races on the Simulator before I will enter the real race

• 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Audi Motorsport have shared the following video on their official Facebook page:

Hi guys, please don’t hate each other just because one doesn’t like Pcars.

So now I tell you a short story : 2012 I started Simracing, did some championships during the winter with rfactor but only had one monitor and a Logitech g25. I asked Fanatec if there’s the chance to work together, we found a solution and I went there and by accident played Pcars the first time. I can still remember this moment, I was absolutely blown away by the realism of this game even though it was still in the early stages. After that I went home directly and asked if I could join Pcars. After that I stopped completely with rfactor, drove just some Iracing which I also stopped now, tried AC which I drove couple of times but I just didn’t like it. So now I am just focused on Pcars, the graphics are mind blowing , the development from build to build is just like getting a new present on Christmas Eve and the realism – the feeling how the car turns moves etc is the closest compared to a real race car. This is just my opinion and luckily everybody can has his own , so please don’t hate each other

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...