We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

[REL] TDU2 Backup- and Startingtool by Veno

DonnieBrasco

Here is a little tool programmed by my girlfriend, that might help you a little bit. It's not very professional at the moment, but we are on to enhance it in the future. We called it

TDU2 Backup- and Startingtool

The mainreason that led to the idea is a problem that is well known in the community: gamecrashs, harddiskcrash or any errors that caused savegamelost in the past.

With this tool you reduce this issues at least a little bit. And you need only one click to backup your savegame, start the game and all other programs needed/related.

featured options:

- optional automatic backup of your savegame (whereever you want to place it) before gamestart

- interface to the universal launcher or uplauncher (depends on the tool you are using)

- start and restart of your autohotkey script (e. g. indicator script) if existing and deposited

- optional: You can deposit 5 programs which should be started with TDU2

The only thing you have to do is to place the folder of your savegame, your backupfolder and your launcherfolder and optional your other programfolders in the setup.bat. (A full explanation in german and english is in the package.)

So here it is:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/c0zy080b1ocruqu/TDU+Start+and+Backup.zip

I hope you like it and it helps you.

Little request from our side:

If anyone has experience in programming a graphic surface please let us know. We'd like to make the tool easier to handle. Any help is appreciated. (We think of a look like the Universal Launcher.)

(all credits go to Veno)

Nice tool! :)

I think I will be able to create a GUI to call your program. To tell the truth, I have also made ​​a similar utility. But, I was tired of to have the versatility.

--- edit ---

I just made a sample. http://www.mediafire.com/download/vgbys25ysvwydpb/TDU_start_and_Backup_GUI.zip

Dialog will be opened by the "settings" button, but it does not work yet. And also the check box on the right side does not work yet.

Screen design such as pasting bitmap, and arrangement of the parts, I can be as desired.

That looks great very nice, Thank you very much.

Yeah i think we thought of something look like that. Will the launcher be integrated in that tool or will it be opened and you still have click "start" in the launcher?

Veno asked with which program you develope this GUI? She likes to test herself if she can create it.

I think together we will get a final and easier version. :)