We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

R.I.P. Lancia

Damys

sad news from the automotive world .. one of the most glorious italian car manufacturer has been closed.

we will remember the Lancia with these beasts that i've listed below.

I will not waste other words, here in Italy the situation is one of the worst.

Lancia-Stratos-HF-Group-4-'.jpg

30anni_lancia_delta.jpg

I though they were just massively scaling the brand back? - Edit, much like what the link above says...

Not really big news in the UK though, as they stopped selling the Delta a little while ago and only sell the 300C & Ypsilon. Which don't really sell in big numbers here.

It's a shame really, and much like MG in a way. A great brand steeped in history but slowly dwindling down into nothingness...

They're going to cut the brand's portfolio to just one vehicle, the Ypsilon, which is somewhat popular only in Italy. The rebadged Chryslers (UK got them as Chryslers, rest of Europe as Lancias) weren't succesful, they most likely will be killed when Lancia transforms in the next few years.

Oh, Wiesmann is dead. Just read it today.

Seems like SRT is also dead... O.o

But... the Viper... how?

Well, apparently they are stopping SRT as a brand, and making it a trim level like it used to be. The SRT Viper will become the Dodge Viper (as it originally was).

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if they stopped making the Viper. There is no demand for it. Earlier this year, they shut down the Viper plant since nobody was buying them. If I'm not mistaken, they have stopped making Vipers for this MY, and are updating the platform for 2015.

Thing is, people are saying that it is going to be a trim level exclusive to Dodge, so no Chrysler or Jeep SRTs. Not sure if this is just the media misinterpreting information though... :mhmm:

• 2 months later...