We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Loz Shots (FM5)

Loz

I have an XBONE now... Images will come soon, just setting up a thread. Maybe a FM5 section wouldn't go amiss?

Welcome to my Forza Motorsport 5 Photo Thread

All images posted here will be my best shots from Forza Motorsport 5

Images with "^Click to Enlarge^" below the image will be the biggest images, Just click the 720x405 pixel images to bring them up biger.

Comments Welcome!

Testing

RX3_Silverstone_1_prev_small.jpgRX3_Silverstone_2_prev_small.jpg

^Click to Enlarge^

Gonna try the little story telling thing I did in my FM4 thread again. This time we're following a new Historic Racing team on a bit of a budget. Their car is a restored Mazda RX3 that suffered at the hands of an elderly driver for 30 years.

Interesting thing about these two shots. Both are completely unedited. I usually do a little contrast stuff in PS, but these two turned out perfectly straight from the game.

Practice at Le Mans

RX3_Le_Mans_1_edit_prev_small.jpg66_Mustang_Le_Mans_1_edit_prev_small.jpgRX3_Le_Mans_2_edit_prev_small.jpg66_Mustang_Le_Mans_2_prev_small.jpg

^Click to Enlarge^

"After an unfortunate accident with our young mechanic, the car and a heavy woodworkers bench in our garage the day before we had to transport the car to Le Mans, we had to replace the front right wing with an unpainted spare we had in the trailer. The car must have lurched forward and heavily scrapped the bench as the old panel was completely crushed."

"At Le Mans, we had the pleasure of meeting a new team who had travelled all the way from Scotland with a '66 Mustang Coupe which was pretty much untouched bar a roll cage and new wheels, all the sound proofing had also been removed. I dread to think what it was like for the driver. During their first few practice laps, marshalls reported a Blue Mustang facing backwards many times."

Shenanigans

RX3_Silverstone_3_edit_prev.jpg

^Click to Enlarge^

"Those Scots seemed to have given us a little souvenir during our time at Le Mans, they must have attached it as it was going in the trailer as we didn't notice when we unloaded at home.

We blew a gearbox at Le Mans. One of our inexperienced drivers accidentally shifted into first from fourth, we were lucky that the engine seemed ok, the gearbox is toast, so the car now has the first "racing" gearbox we used when we first started.

The car has gone through a change a little bit. Gone are our racing springs and shocks, they are outlawed in official Historic events, the cars seems to have to be as standard as possible given the saftey regulations. Lucky we struck up a deal with Koni Shocks, we managed to get new shocks and springs at half the normal price, but only if Koni could have a main sponsor spot on the car. We couldn't say yes fast enough, new suspension is expensive."

New Friends

RX3_Silverstone_4_edit_prev_small.jpgDatsun_510_Silverstone_1_edit_prev_small.jpg

^Click to Enlarge^

"A local event at Silverstone supplied their own numbers to all teams. We had to block ours off with a bit of tape and the new number. Glad they are only temporary stickers.

We met a realitivley new team at Silverstone, they had come from further north. They are our pit neighbour, but also rival in the smaller care category for the weekend. Their Datsun 510 popped very loudly every time they changed gear, probally the loudest in our class."

European Classics Championship Round 1: Spa Francorchamps

RX3_Spa_1_edit_prev.jpg

65_Cooper_Spa_1_edit_prev_small.jpg66_Mustang_Spa_1_edit_prev_small.jpgDatsun_510_Spa_1_edit_prev_small.jpg

^Click to Enlarge^

"A new championship started up over the winter for historic race cars. Called the European Classics Championship, it's for cars built before 1975. With several classes available, it's open to anyone. We were racing in the touring class, so we come across some friends and new rivals.

All the car numbers we designated for us by the chapionship organisation, we could no longer run our 16. Many people had o change number though, so it's not too bad.

Our friends from Scotland in their Mustang were back. Still green on the track as when we first met. The guys with the Datsun 510 also appeared, their car somehow getting even louder. Our garage was next to some historic racing veterans from across the Belgian border in France, their Mini Cooper S kept them in podium positions all weekend"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...