We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The Crew OFFICIAL TDUCk Club Sign-Up Thread Thing

[headline]turboduck crew for The Crew[/headline]

The Crew. We're all getting it, but WHERE are we getting it?

This is the official sign up for the TDUCk club for The Crew, whether you're playing on the Xbone, PS4 or PC, sign up here and see who you'll be playing with! Leave your forum name along with your PSN/XBL GamerTag/Steam Name and we'll see you in 'Murica.

[subhead]TDUCk PC: [14][/subhead]

* Ryzza5

* Minime891

* Mercedes-Benz

* Ozzmcom

* TheXRacer

* Robik94

* *GhostRacerGTI*

* Andreaz1

* MrLolololXD

* ScoobSTi

* RJEady

* iLLGT3

* Nikki

* Destroyer-GT

[subhead]TDUCk PS4: [2][/subhead]

* Clarence | PSN: Sky_Gam

* Bad Camel/Mellors | PSN: ADodgeyCamel

[subhead]TDUCk Xbone: [2][/subhead]

* TDUZoqqer | XBL: Crisimnor

* superhyper | XBL: SuperSanttu94

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On PC, but you knew that already.

From everything I've heard so far, I get the impressioned that there is no defined list/group/club of players. You just have your 'crew' which is entirely dynamic/destructible, in that anyone who you meet online can fill the vacancies to get up to 4 players (which is why I hadn't made a signup thread as such yet).

The way that missions can be both single and multiplayer (and both co-op and competitive at the same time) is clever though.

I'm getting this on PC.

--- Post Updated ---

From everything I've heard so far, I get the impressioned that there is no defined list/group/club of players. You just have your 'crew' which is entirely dynamic/destructible, in that anyone who you meet online can fill the vacancies to get up to 4 players (which is why I hadn't made a signup thread as such yet).

Well, I've played an alpha release of this game for about a month now (including the Route909 finals), and i'd like to shed some light on this:

If you aren't already in a crew, you can send invites to other players to join your crew (This way you can go ahead and create a crew and be "Crew-leader" - they then need to accept that request before they are actually in your crew - goes both ways. The crew can consist (as it is now) of up to 4 players. If you are already in a crew of minimum another player or more players, the crew will not change until a player within the crew decides to press "leave crew" option in the menu.

The crew list is always visible on the left of your screen (can be turned off in visuals menu), and you can see which of your crew members are online/offline.

Hope this helps.

So Ghost, the question I was trying to ask from twitch is what is the maximum size of that crew 'list', or the 'club' if you will. Yes the actual crew tops out at 4 but if vacancies can be filled from a list then I wanted to know how big that list could be. That way we would know if we would have one or more TurboDuck crews for example (if all of us were online at the same time we'd probably have multiple anyway, but if we were on at different times then we could have one large club).

i.e. for example in Forza Horizon lets say you can have 32 players in your club, even though you can only have 8 playing together at a time.

So wait a crew can only consist of 4 players max? Or can you have a pool of players that you are able to make that 4 up with?

I hope the latter, I think having max 4 players would hamper the gameplay quite badly. Having to have the same 4 people online to do challenges would be difficult, especially if they are from different corners of the planet.

So Ghost, the question I was trying to ask from twitch is what is the maximum size of that crew 'list', or the 'club' if you will. Yes the actual crew tops out at 4 but if vacancies can be filled from a list then I wanted to know how big that list could be. That way we would know if we would have one or more TurboDuck crews for example (if all of us were online at the same time we'd probably have multiple anyway, but if we were on at different times then we could have one large club).

i.e. for example in Forza Horizon lets say you can have 32 players in your club, even though you can only have 8 playing together at a time.

Sorry for the late reply.

Okay, I hope I understood your question.

The crew system is pretty "static", meaning that you can invite 3 people to join your crew (if they accept the request sent to them), and then they will be visible on the left side of the screen indicating that these players are in your crew, now, if your crew members are online - their names will be "non-transparent", and if they are offline, their names are "transparent" as to indicate that they are offline . - So from the build I have played, there are no crew list from which players can step in the crew in case of a "free spot" in your crew (simply because an offline player isn't freeing up a spot in the crew, and no slots are available until a player actively leaves the crew). You have a friends list, but tbh I haven't really experimented too much with that particular side of it.

Also, now that I am writing about it, I don't remember if a player needs to be in your friendslist first before inviting him to the crew.

But I sure hope they will change it a bit.

The 4 player limit might be due to the overall limit of 8 players in the same session - so to make it possible for 2 crews to battle, pvp, or something else, I think they have limited it. - but yea, I see your point with the Forza comparison, and I totally agree, that would be very good. I mean even TDU2 had a decent "club system" with club houses and the ability to have 2 groups within the same club doing races simultaneously in order to further the overall rank of the club house.

Surely, some things can be improved, and I like the idea to have a "pool of players" to fill in vacancies in a crew.