We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Following mod tutorials but nothing is changing

adRocZ

The dilemma:

So I've tried to do about three or four different mods, but with nothing actually changing in game. I've tried custom license plates, custom rims, and cars, but nothing so far has worked.

I am running the steam version, through the universal launcher. I got it all unpacked (so it seems) and even have the Unofficial 4.0 patch installed on successfully, but yet any mod changes just don't do anything.

Here is a scenario:

For custom license plates all I have to do is edit common_cars.bnk with the Minibnk tool, PS, and the Converter. Which I did all successfully. I repack, restart game, and....nothing. Everything is the same. So, being the bold person I was, I decided to delete the common_cars.bnk file to see if the game would crash.

The result: nothing, the game started fine and everything was unchanged just like before, almost like the game isn't even using that file.

Any thoughts? I tried to see if someone had a similar problem, but I failed to find a similar thread.

I'm not into modding TDU2 at all, but I think you need to use a certain .exe file to start the game. Using the real launcher will check the game files and redownload any ones that are modded, "broken" in its eyes. Like I said, I'm not sure about this but someone who is will probably come along shortly to be of more help.