We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Discussion thread for The Crew Beta players

Ryzza5

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean every NDA for every Beta ever.

I'm not surprised, the point of a beta is to test, not to show things off - that's the dev's job.

True, but it's an additional means of promotion, so long as people aren't specifically pointing out the current flaws.

Given the watermark in the lower-left corner of the beta at all times, it seems like they would make screenshots and videos allowed, as anyone who views them will see that notice.

Guest MrLolololXD

I thought I read in the NDA no ingame content was to be shown? Or did I misunderstand it and that only applies to officially unannounced info?

I thought I read in the NDA no ingame content was to be shown? Or did I misunderstand it and that only applies to officially unannounced info?

This is typically what NDA rules are for any beta, open or closed.

It'd be smart not to share pics/vid regardless.

And speaking of beta, I got from Detroit to Laguna Seca Raceway in roughly 2 hours (I stopped in Vegas and made a few other sight seeing stops along the way)

I am extremely impressed with the scope of the game. I'm extremely impressed in general, really..

Still got nothing. The support forums are full of people with similar issues who have gone to similar lengths in order to right said issue but to no avail. Apparently it isn't an AMD/ATI exclusive problem either, which leaves me even more baffled. I might have to temporarily switch drives and boot my clean Win 8 drive to see if it's an issue involving conflicts with local software; but if that is indeed the cause then The Crew is much further behind than just beta. That is Alpha level compatibility we are talking about.

I don't think there is a changelog, not one I can find anyway.

Since I updated it I've had a big performance hit. It was running smooth at 60fps yesterday but now it's dropped to between 50 and 60 which isn't a big deal but the game now stutters every time I try and turn. Perfectly fine and smooth when going in a straight line. The cars in cut scenes also judder back and forth now.

I removed the 30 fps cap and put a 60cap in place one session, but you are really not supposed to do that.

In game events start going weird and the cutscenes don't work properly. I hate to say it but you have to put it back to 30 for a proper experience.

Here's a little something I made yesterday. Excuse my poor driving. :p

Got a few more freeride videos encoding and uploading at the moment that will be up later or tomorrow.

Is there anything that anybody wants me to record in particular?