We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Discussion thread for The Crew Beta players

Ryzza5

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so here are my first impressions:

Well, the map, car models and custimization is obviously excellent, graphics as well even on low settings on my laptop. I didn't experienece the 'car slowing down with FPS', but I sometimes get the impression that the game is somehow forcing the 30 FPS, maybe doubling some frames or sth. I played with FRAPS and it constantly showed 30 FPS, even when at some points the game stuttered and slowed. But it wasn't that annoying or gamplay ruining.

I didn't experience many bugs or glitches, the game was pretty stable for me. The thing that bothered me more is that some controls settings are locked and can't be changed. I played on Logitech Driving Force GT and the game defaultly set gear up/down to wheel paddles, while DFGT also has an up/down stick, which is far more comfortable to use with wheel set to 900°. I only played on hardcore mode, and i must say it's awesome, you can really feel the weight of car.

As a huge TDU1 fan, the only thing I was a bit dissapointed with is that even on hardcore cars have pretty good grip. If you want to drift it feels somewhat forced, not so smooth (I was hoping for sth more like TDU-HC). I spent most of my time riding nissan 370z in street spec, since it was the most drift-friendly for me, but I found it more entertaining to just drive normally than to try drifting (except snowy mountin roads, those are amazing!) I still have to try out the dirt spec, I'm not that big fan of off-road though.

-

- handling: good (strange when driving fast in a straight line)

Try adjusting your speed sensitivity setting

the only thing I was a bit dissapointed with is that even on hardcore cars have pretty good grip. I still have to try out the dirt spec, I'm not that big fan of off-road though.

Dirt spec has less grip on tarmac so is slightly better, only problem is (in the Camaro) you lose 6th gear and the top speed is reduced.

Earlier today, Ryzza and I teamed up for some American Take Out.

we need gold next time :D

I did get gold. Will upload tomorrow.

Uploading some races with Route909 global champ GhostRacerGTI today.

Since the game options weren't saving all of my choices re. controls - I edited the settings directly in the config file in Documents\The Crew. While I was there I raised the FPS Cap to 60. This made the cutscenes blurry and some engine/siren audio a bit wobbly but it greatly improved the sense of speed and made input more responsive. Of course you need a great PC to do that, even mine lost a few FPS in the mountains.

I'm liking the miscellaneous awards/achievements. Some I've found include:

[spoil]Leapfrog - jump over 3 players

Jump over a train

Jump over a moving train

Find the giant cow (drive under it)

Overtake 40 cars in 30 seconds in New York (lane splitting skills yo!)... although I unlocked this in LA :lol:[/spoil]

I'm liking the miscellaneous awards/achievements. Some I've found include:

[spoil]Leapfrog - jump over 3 players

Jump over a train

Jump over a moving train

Find the giant cow (drive under it)

Overtake 40 cars in 30 seconds in New York (lane splitting skills yo!)... although I unlocked this in LA :lol:[/spoil]

Try and get this one

[spoil]Fully use your nitrous and end up at exactly 88mph[/spoil]

BTTF anyone? Wrong car though. :(

Besides cost it probably won't make that much difference

If it is sold on Steam, launching it will open the uPlay launcher first anyway, plus your in-game friends list are your uPlay friends.

If you buy it direct on uPlay, it can easily be added to Steam and you can use all of Steam's integration such as chat and screenshots.

Ryzza i'm in contact with that guy too, should have known, but he's online on strange times for me. Like 3AM...

We tried to do some pvp racing with a crew of 4 but it turned out Ghost was the only one with access to those races...

Try and get this one

[spoil]Fully use your nitrous and end up at exactly 88mph[/spoil]

BTTF anyone? Wrong car though. :(

Here's one that I noticed:

[spoil]Honk your horn 3 times in a row (might've been more than 3) for the road rage achievement[/spoil]

Well, spent the evening playing with a finnish friend of mine and after struggling with connection problems for hours (reminds me of the bad side of TDU1 :lol:), we had tons of fun driving our Nissans to the Bonneville Salt Flats from Detroit via Salt Lake City. Drifting in the snowy mountain roads was just so much fun, I'm in love with this game! :D All the doubts I might have had are pretty much gone and I can't wait for the full game T_T

Also, I just realized that I'm running the game on ultra with pretty much a rock solid 30fps even when recording. Am I alone if I say this game runs well? :eek: