We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Discussion thread for The Crew Beta players

Ryzza5

Am I the only one unable to connect to uplay or The Crew-servers?

Physics in "The Crew" are alright I think: Better than TDU2 for shure, I think.

Regards

X8X8X aka JagEngland

better than tdu2 definitely, hardly an ambitious achievement but.

I will say it is very good for an arcade game.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry to say this, but it's really my opinion after playing the game 2 hours with a wheel. I may have been spoiled by the handling of pCARS and AC (2 games that work very differently under the hood) but that just means theCrew is just not as good as it's competitors. In terms of open world and driving it should be awesome, but the landscape just doesn't hit me as it does in other games.

I have bought skyrim in the last summer sale and i have taken some moments to look at the environments on top of hills, it felt amazing. But the landscapes in theCrew just don't harvest the same effect on me. Yes, they are great places to see back in a game but it's just not good at blowing you away. The cities look real and what you can expect form the real locations, but the feel of size and stretching out just isn't there. The same with the grand canyon, it's fun to raid and drift there, but that's where it ends for me, it's not a particular spectacle to look at.

The game just doesn't have anything appealing to make me feel like buying it.

It's probably just me only liking new stuff, as TDU1 was the newest of the newest concept...

I'm sorry to say this, but it's really my opinion after playing the game 2 hours with a wheel. I may have been spoiled by the handling of pCARS and AC (2 games that work very differently under the hood) but that just means the Crew is just not as good as it's competitors. In terms of open world and driving it should be awesome, but the landscape just doesn't hit me as it does in other games.
You see those other two as competitors for The Crew? Interesting as they are only similar in that they have cars really.

I'm not dismissing your opinion or anything, just pointing out that using that as a marker is kind of redundant as the games are not aimed at the same area.

So after almost two hours of playing the game, I still have not got used to the driving model and physics. Did some tweaking to the steering in the menu several times. Clutch unfortunately doesn't work on keyboard.

Wanted to drive and explore Michigan a bit, and surprisingly it didn't let me leave the city. Maybe I need to do more missions?

I did like 400km with my Challenger and now I have 0km on it. At one moment I kept hearing the car trying to start altough I was already driving and it wouldn't stop so I had to restart the game. The gps sometimes doesnt calculate the distance properly. Sometimes when I come out of the map I get lag. The game is very relaxing, just made a playlist of my music and kept driving Chicago-San Francisco-Los Angeles-Las Vegas-Miami, reminded me of what I usually did in TDU. The grain that appears during the night time is horrible and the game has Arctic Monkeys on its radio.(or radios? I don't really understand how they work.) The handling is better than I expected and the game has a nice feeling.

Did anyone else roam around Chicago and San Francisco looking to compare the cities to the way they were in Midtown Madness 1 and 2? One of my favourite two games!

I've seen some of chicago,

I think they've recycled a lot of it from watchdogs, might have to look more into detail.

compared to real life, I'd say it's an accurately scaled down version to 1/20-30? Most big cities in the game are quite faithful recreations I can say now that I have been to most of them.

Is it me or is the money system ridiculous? I mean, I've played for 10 hours to finally be able to buy that skyline which costs 108k, not to mention that any old muscle costs over 200k... For every story mission you get 1000$, challenge only 200, and the tricks-meter will only earn you about 80-100 max. The only way to make any kind of money is to repeat over and over those PvP lobby races, which grant you 4,5k for each race. I hope the will fix it before the release, because it all looks like they force the use of 'crew credits' which is ...just wrong.

Oh, other than that, the game is still as awesome as in the first beta ;)

I am a bit sad they havent unlocked a little bit more.

Not asking for a Levelcap increase because it would spoil the fun on retail. But probably a few more cars would have been nice, or some kind of Testdrive mode for higher tier cars so we could test them.

I bet it wouldnt have hurt the game to open up more stuff, because in my small opinion we are able to test like 2 -3 % of the game. Isnt a beta supposed to be a test run for the final game to find bugs and glitches that might occur? You cant really find bugs on locked out stuff.

Forced grinding is not anything people want to see, but I may be in the minority here by saying I do want a challenge and thus some time before I can get a decent car in the game, otherwise you end up with people in the best-of-the-best within the first day. I remember with TDU1 when I bought my F430 I actually felt it was a bit too early to have earned that car but then again I did hunt out the Delivery missions and Perfected them. :cool:

No doubt though there will be a race or event that will be the one to run over-and-over to make some good green. :D