We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Discussion thread for The Crew Beta players

Ryzza5

I'm with you on that, but I think they've taken that a little too far based on playing the last beta. It's as if they are funnelling player into completing Skills challenges to upgrade their car and keep it (and maybe a small collection) until the end of the story. If you watch the videos of those who complete core missions the payout is pitiful compared to the price.

So yeah, work hard for great cars, but buying a simple hatchback shouldn't take hours of fundraising.

iirc repeating events gives lower rewards.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The money system is ridiculous!

Seems like they actually want to earn money from the base-price, special-editions, season-passes, DLCs and in-game-currency!

Anyway, did somebody discover the Dirt-spec Hot Rod already and wants to kindly post a link of it, please?

Regards

X8X8X aka JagEngland

I'm with you on that, but I think they've taken that a little too far based on playing the last beta. It's as if they are funnelling player into completing Skills challenges to upgrade their car and keep it (and maybe a small collection) until the end of the story. If you watch the videos of those who complete core missions the payout is pitiful compared to the price.

So yeah, work hard for great cars, but buying a simple hatchback shouldn't take hours of fundraising.

iirc repeating events gives lower rewards.

Ok well that sounds well dodgy then so make sure you all raise this point on the Beta forums.

The manual gearbox is utterly god awful. The right stick should be for looking about, not making (really, really slow, laboured and bad) gearchanges.

The slowness especially shows when you're trying to get into reverse after a crash. It is awful. Oh, and you can't change gear when there's a notification on screen or a menu open either, so when you touch a kit car you can't get back into reverse because it keeps telling you how many more bits to find there are.

Has anyone's Force Feedback stopped working? Mine mysteriously went silent when I launched the game a third time (played first time with a controller)

Edit: Can confirm that it is not my wheel that has gone bust.

The only odd thing that I noticed with FFB on my G27 is that, after I come back from being ALT+tabbed for a moment, strength will heavily increase :/. ALT+tabbing a few times will get it to what I originally had.

anybody figured out how to default controller or wheel settings?

--- Post Updated ---

the gear changes are very sluggish I agree

+ the h-shifter doesn't go into neutral when changing gears

+ h-shifter and sequential modes can't be enabled mutually. You have to select one or the other which means changing the layout manually depending on the car.

--- Post Updated ---

having played the beta for a few more hours today have to say this game is massive fun.

Did the challenges co-op, explored most of detroit, what a game this will be.

Look in the Options menu

well actually no,

I looked around a bit more today and still couldn't find the option to turn off the skill challenges or their notifications at least.

About floaty physics, I think there is no problem with stability the problem is cars have too much grip. They never loose traction and tire spins feel very artificial. Also auto-brake is very annoying (it brakes for you when you're going in low speeds)

I'm very unhappy now!

Any idea how to fix this?

Are you sure that you found all parts? Because I noticed that it didn't count properly for me (It showed that I found more parts than I actually did). Maybe each kit car is associated with HQ in that area, and since in this beta the New York HQ is unavaible then it might be impossible to get it. I can't find pics of anyone actually driving it

Thank you!

I don't think I missed any because I used a map posted in Ubisoft's forums to search for all of them (although I'll doublecheck this tomorrow).

I hope it isn't down to the headquarter-thing.The street-spec Hot Rod was "uncomplete" at 20 parts too, but somehow it fixed itself when I entered my garage in Detroit...

When they don't allow us to earn enough money to buy proper cars (with certain Hemis in it:eek:) I at least want to get the Hot Rods for free....

Regards

X8X8X aka JagEngland