We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Discussion thread for The Crew Beta players

Ryzza5

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope they stick to their word about new features being free. I wouldn't mind paying for major new features though.

And I'm confused about the reason for not having working mirrors, especially for the PC version. The quality and detail of the reflections seen on car bonnets in the bonnet cam view is great. I would've thought they could use a similar method for the mirrors.

I hope they stick to their word about new features being free. I wouldn't mind paying for major new features though.

And I'm confused about the reason for not having working mirrors, especially for the PC version. The quality and detail of the reflections seen on car bonnets in the bonnet cam view is great. I would've thought they could use a similar method for the mirrors.

Either that or a form of rendering camera to texture and mirror it. Even we can get it done in Unity so I have no idea why they once again can't get something simple to work. It's the same with how TDU2 lacked the combination of shallow and deep rims on the sports/supercars... Odd people.

well once again us pc players are victimized by consoles which have stone-age technology, dragging everything down with them.

That interview was interesting, lets hope the game manages to live for 8 years like he wants it to, and that it can truly feel like TDU's second coming. :D

You probably are. :susp: He says that new game modes and such (as in DLC) will be free.

Oh, thats so, maybe i read it fast without thinking, lol.

It wouldn't be nice for it to be f2p anyway.

Dynamic weather coming to the game is a bit of a bold claim, that would be something that would be perfect for selling The Crew 2 in 2016/17, I'd love to see them do it though. Found it quite funny that the reason Ubisoft partnered with them was due to the online aspect of TDU1 which iirc was down off and on for about 3-4 months at the beginning. :lol: Then again they did nail it within 6 months on the 360, PC had quite a turbulent time though.

Yup the 'friendly banter' that went on during the period where the 360 online was quite reliable and the PC was not, was quite entertaining.

The 'free' DLC mention is promising, the money grabbing that goes on in games like the sims and GTA is off putting, so it's good to see the crew going the other way and rewarding its fanbase.

Bonnets reflect something that you can already see just above them (that your PC has already processed), whereas mirrors are generally coded as a second camera view (PiP), not too dissimilar from split screen.

I get how things like this and dynamic weather could be added to PC in years to come as performance is always improving. There's much less room to grow on consoles though.

by the way who actually thinks they will still be playing this game 8 years later (in 2022)?

or PS4/Xbone? (new consoles should be out by then)

or any video games in general? (grown up)

I don't see why I wouldn't. The first TDU's been out for 7 years and I still occasionally play it.

I've also never understood what age has to do with playing video games. It's no different than watching a movie or watching television. It's all mostly entertainment, something that doesn't disappear with getting older.

I've also never understood what age has to do with playing video games. It's no different than watching a movie or watching television. It's all mostly entertainment, something that doesn't disappear with getting older.

I don't see a relation to age, I'll keep playing racinggames and GTA until my body is in such a poor reflex state I can't even finish the introductional race/mission.

• 1 month later...

Anyone know where ubisoft wants bug reports submitted to? I had a few while playing the beta that I think are worth drawing the dev's attention to. Most notably one where all my cars performance were gimped for the duration of the beta, making missions difficult and pvp races un-winable.

Anyone know where ubisoft wants bug reports submitted to? I had a few while playing the beta that I think are worth drawing the dev's attention to. Most notably one where all my cars performance were gimped for the duration of the beta, making missions difficult and pvp races un-winable.

I would imagine they'd want people to post issues on their forum: http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/680-The-Crew

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Colster. Essentially it all works the same as TDU1. Except there no session controls (lock together) atm.

GPS Mystery tours would work if you're not crewed up. However if a crew leader sets a GPS destination then all players in that crew can see where it is along with the ribbon (if they have those HUD elements enabled).

Hi Colster. Essentially it all works the same as TDU1. Except there no session controls (lock together) atm.

GPS Mystery tours would work if you're not crewed up. However if a crew leader sets a GPS destination then all players in that crew can see where it is along with the ribbon (if they have those HUD elements enabled).

I thought the buttons for the crew waypoint and solo waypoint were separated.

Ah ok, been following this thread with interest in the hope that this is going to be the open world free roam game to replace you know what and nice to see that some familiar names that I know share a similar view to myself about handling (HC FTW) seem to like it.

BTW Ozz, what game is your POTW from (in the Ferrari California)?

I wanted to be hyped for this game, but its all melting away thanks to Ubisoft.

Holy crap what is it with Eden Games and its successor getting roped in with awful French publishers. Compared to Ubisoft, Atari are a damn diamond.

Having to use uPlay for it was a shortcoming I could live with. So was the tiny car list. The news that I wouldn't be able to buy through steam was a stinger, and seeing the uPlay preorder price of £50 for a damn digital distribution was even worse. Maybe that would be it though, an overpriced game on a terrible platform but at least it was a good game underneath. Now it has appeared that the terrible car list is followed up by DLC every month, and as if that weren't a nasty cashgrab as it is, there are the freemium-esque crew credits you buy with real world money. In a game which costs £50.

But wait, there's more. Look at far Cry 4's launch. Look at Assassin's Creed's launch. Ubisoft's platform is garbage and an online-only game on said platform terrifies me. Even after that I have nothing but contempt for Ubisoft for sacking a huge QA team in a knee-jerk reaction to Unity being broken as hell. I've spoken to former employees, they bugged this stuff months ago. Montreal waived it all due to deadlines and being forced into such a short development frame. I'm losing any interest I had and its a shame because I really enjoyed the beta, even if it was bugged as hell.