We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The Crew Season Pass?

Psykov

So The Crew was added to Steam today and I was surprised to see the option of a "Gold" edition of the game, which includes the limited edition, as well as a season pass. There aren't any details on what the pass will provide access to but it's got me interested, not many racing games have season passes, so it almost makes me wonder if Ivory Tower will be releasing more than just new car packs. Didn't realize til today too that they've said they plan to release free regular content. I'd kind of hope they add stuff like cars as paid DLC, and add new events and maybe even locations as free updates, but either way I'm interested to see what they do.

I'd have pre-ordered it already if I could make up my mind about whether to get the PC or PS4 version of the game.

I'd kind of hope they add stuff like cars as paid DLC, and add new events and maybe even locations as free updates, but either way I'm interested to see what they do.

aand this is exactly what's wrong with today's consumer base, it has become acceptable to pay for additional content. We used to get all this stuff for free, I mean if you're going to hope why not just hope for all to be free ? :cheeky:

oh btw season pass, really guys? shame on you. I guess ubisoft is to blame.

I don't really remember the time in between not getting any DLC and getting the option of paid DLC.

Given how long it takes them to make a car in The Crew (with all the modding and animations) then of course they will have stuff that comes after release. Remember TDU1 on X360 had 6 car packs and Hardcore mode, all of which were paid DLC. We just got a good deal with the megapack because we had to wait so much longer. If you plan on playing The Crew for as long as you did TDU1, then the Season Pass makes sense.

That said I don't see any need to rush off and pre-order this early - I'll wait to see what deals are available and pick the best one, then add it to my Steam library that way. I've never seen a (single) game so expensive on Steam before

bpekJj9.png

Limited Edition

Pre-Order The Crew Limited Edition now and get guaranteed access to the PC Closed Beta and all the pre-order bonus :

10 000 Crew Credits and 3 exclusive street edition packs :

RAM SRT-10 PACK

BMW Z4 SDRIVE35IS PACK

MINI COOPER S PACK

Each pack contains :

A full set of custom parts (front bumper, rear bumper, motor hood, rear wing).

A full set of performance parts (motor core, tires, suspension, weight reduction, chassis, brakes, anti-roll bars, differential, engine, exhaust, ecu, carb, charger, gear box).

Gold Edition

The Gold Edition includes The Crew Limited Edition and the Season Pass.

I don't really remember the time in between not getting any DLC and getting the option of paid DLC.

Given how long it takes them to make a car in The Crew (with all the modding and animations) then of course they will have stuff that comes after release. Remember TDU1 on X360 had 6 car packs and Hardcore mode, all of which were paid DLC. We just got a good deal with the megapack because we had to wait so much longer. If you plan on playing The Crew for as long as you did TDU1, then the Season Pass makes sense.

That said I don't see any need to rush off and pre-order this early - I'll wait to see what deals are available and pick the best one, then add it to my Steam library that way. I've never seen a (single) game so expensive on Steam before

http://i.imgur.com/bpekJj9.png

used to get tons of free maps on cod2,3 world at war, bf bc2,bf2 off top of my head

we had expansion packs which you paid for and they gave you a completely different game.

That's quite expensive for a season pass....it'd better include some real good stuff to make up for the price :eek:
$20 for the Season Pass is the typical low price for them, most of them are actually the same amount as the game originally.

Never realised Steam charged Australian visitors at a currency exchanged USD though.

saX9LME.png

Prices here seems much more normal though I've found it much cheaper at other places, and I don't know why these people would want me to pay in Euros... Not that I was planning on buying it on Steam anyway but I just noticed the part where it says "Pre-purchase The Crew before August 25, 2014, and get a free upgrade to the Limited Edition and guaranteed access to the Closed Beta!". Never noticed that before.

Woops, didn't realize the game itself was $75 so did some miscalculations there :lol: :o Now that I see my mistake, you're right, $20 is low for a season pass if you compare to BF premium or Forza season passes etc. :nods:

e: 65€ is a very reasonable price, would buy it right away if I wasn't planning on getting the XB1 version first :hmmm:

Maybe it's so expensive because it includes upgrade to the Limited Edition? I was albe to find The Crew without any bonuses on polish shop Empik, and it costs 120 PLN (~38 USD). The gold edition on ubi shop costs 250 PLN (~80 USD). So the season pass edition does actually cost twice the price.

Edit: Also on the same site, it says that the game features over a hundred cars :hmmm:

Could be they count every spec as separate car though

Wow, some high prices out there. For me here in Canada on steam it's $60 USD for the regular edition, and $85 for gold. As for whether or not it's worth it, I'd say yes. I'm totally fine with paying for extra content for my games. I find as I get older and actually have more money to spend on stuff, that I'd rather just pay the extra $25 now and just sit back and relax as I automatically get any DLC released for the game. Typically getting a season pass ends up being cheaper than buying all the DLC for a game individually anyway.

As for console or PC, I was surprised when I looked at the Tduck club sign up thread you guys have for The Crew. I kind of figured I'd just get the game for PS4 because that's where most people would get it, and that 4 or 5 years from now I'd still have people to play with on there, but you guys seem to be proving that thought wrong. Maybe I will just get it on PC, I'd be playing it with my PS4 gamepad either way.

Don't forget the whole development team will continue to work on the game after the release.

Not only will support be very good, new content and new features will be done as well. For a long time.

I don't mind DLC. As long as it brings something new to the game and not stuff that is left out at release, only to be sold separate later.

It will continue to support the dev team as well.

Bit concerning that there is a gold edition when they haven't even revealed the full car list.

This is because they are still working on licensing deals, probably even until after the release.

The cars i have seen so far are very interesting and the amount of tuning options makes it even more special. I don't need 200+ cars i will never drive. I rather have 50 that are well developed and cool.

The full car list should be published soon® however. I agree that once you start selling a product, customers should know about the content. :D

Bit concerning that there is a gold edition when they haven't even revealed the full car list.

I'm pretty sure they will still be doing licence deals right now, TDU2 had Lamborghini's but they were just never activated in game, probably because the game fell flat and everyone fired before the deals were done.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm wondering, what am I going to be missing on if I buy The Crew right now let's say for just 27.8 Euros instead of paying 50 Euros for the preorder ?

Bear in mind that the one on Instant Gaming is Limited Edition also. Am I only going to miss out on the early unlocks ? cause if so then I'm happy about it, would like to earn everything on my own.

• 1 month later...

So now I have a Steam wallet balance of $5.05

Dear Awesome Steam Member,

A game you have recently pre-purchased on Steam has reduced in price. Because this title is still in a pre-purchase period, you are able to refund and repurchase at the lower price if you would like. The game is "The Crew - Gold Edition", which has lowered in price to $89.90 USD.

Please follow the instructions below if you would like to refund this purchase to your Steam Wallet:

Login

- Games eligible for credit will show "Refund an Item" under the total purchase amount.

- Please click "Refund an Item" and follow the prompts to complete the return process which will credit your Steam Wallet. The credit can be used for future Steam purchases.

To view your current available Steam Wallet balance:

- The current available balance will be listed in the upper right hand corner next to your username.

- In most cases, the new funds will automatically be displayed in your account.

- If this has not happened, please allow two hours for the transaction to fully complete.

If you experience difficulty with this process, or require additional assistance, please visit Steam Support for information on contacting Steam Support.

Thank you,

Steam Support