We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Club543 League Racing

Ryzza5

An OzCoMoBro buddy has setup a new league on GTPlanet which I somewhat reluctantly joined (I knew I would enjoy but had to force myself to not be too busy)

I haven't prepared or practiced anywhere near enough but that won't stop me. Finally there's a car that suits my driving style rather than a boring slot car or slow FWD hatchback. ;)

Details: CluB 543 - GTPlanet

543 BHP

Limits to weight and PP

Racing medium tyres

Obligatory pit stop with fast fuel/tyre usage

Round 1 was fraught with technical difficulties on my end - I've broken my optical-out audio port on the PS3. Workaround solution meant no recording. I literally purchased and upgraded the car (without testing any other options) 15 minutes before qualifying. I thought I was clever going for a mid-RPM Turbo for increased torque for improved corner exit speed at Bathurst but that meant I had to be super careful on the power or spin the wheels coming out of every turn, so couldn't use the power.

Round 2 - Brands Hatch GP

Again, no real prep besides a Project CARS race and 10 minutes of GT6 Time Trial before joining the lounge. Fixed my mistake by going to a High RPM turbo. Worked out where I could push and what line would suit the car best. Qualified 3rd last (expect this to be a pattern). I happen to know that this track is more about not stuffing up than being the fastest, so that was my game plan.

Race 1

Race 2 - cleverly worked out that the mid-stint car dopeyness was likely from reduced weight from fast fuel use. Changed the car balance (ballast) from 50:50 to 49:51 and noticed a big improvement. Annoyingly I keep accepting the default refuelling suggestions when I enter pit lane because the accelerator pedal is also an X (confirm) button in game, which wastes time. Calculated that a certain pace should be enough to keep the lead and reduce my risk of crashing despite 2nd place rapidly catching up. Watch the video to see if my maths were accurate enough.

• 1 month later...

Round 3 - Laguna Seca

A little too much oversteer exiting turn 2 sort-of started some unwanted side-by-side battling... and contact :\

Race 1

Race 2

Got a lil bored on my own at one point so did a little drifting and allowed the car behind to catch up.

Round 6 - Eiger Nordwand Short (Reverse)

Back here in a car with less grip on asphalt compared to the Stratos on dirt, with hairpins and plenty of tyre torture. I wasn't concentrating too well on this night.

Race 1

Race 2

Made some brave overtakes near the start of race 2 but was getting held up and didn't want to risk crashing to went for an early pit stop... which was stupid.

Round 7 - Red Bull Ring

Another track that I've never raced at before, but it's a track I did start to enjoy once I worked out a semi-decent racing line.

Race 1

Race 2

As far as racing consistently under pressure goes, race 2 here is some of my best work so far.