We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Eudemon

As I am working away hard on the next look of the :duck: by myself on my lonesome, trapped in a hell I cannot escape it occurred to me that my mind is turning into spaghetti thinking of how to approach this place in the future in how it's structured and laid out. So I'm going to ask you muppets for your thoughts, suggestions, ideas etc and see what works and what will need to be put away till the year 2019.

Main areas of interest:

* How would you like to see the dedicated game forums laid out?

* How would you like to see the Mod Shop laid out?

* Would you like us to expand the Mod Shop to other titles?

* Is there anything you would like us to do (within reason) to make your stay more pleasant?

We ARE glistening so get those thoughts and crosses in while we're alert!

We'd probably open up a forum for posting of other titles and then those that get more popular (if any) will be given their own dedicated subs in the Mod Shop.

As for the DEAD links we have an idea of having a Scrapyard where we would dump all those links and outdated threads.

Maybe a 'Cruising Central' forum that groups TDU1, TDU2, FH 1/2, and The Crew. We'll probably need platform-subforums for TC when it releases to handle cruises, etc.

Other generic titles that are no longer widely 'hot' such as FM5 and GT6 could potentially be stored in the generic Driving/Racing Games forum. A new 'Photo Archive' subforum could potentially house all the old Photomode subforums from old games.

This is all a bit #bluesky but it may kick off some other idea-making process in your head.

Also about the main areas of interest:

I'd say the current system is allright, maybe ditch the game-specific subforums and just keep them sorted by the franchise.

Just a silly idea but something like the tduck homepage could work, then it could be kept pretty clean even if it was extended to several other titles. Otherwise I'd say TDU/TDU2 mod shop due to their popularity, then some more with some generalization, maybe a subforum for skin modding, sound modding, track modding, vehicle mods etc, with maybe (sortable?) prefixes to separate the games.

Yes. It could definitely work, it's just up to the people, whether they can keep it alive.

* Is there anything you would like us to do (within reason) to make your stay more pleasant?

I'm happy as it is :) Maybe some community contests or events? (Something like DGSoTW or our Forza Playtimes back in the day, only more official with maybe some promotion on the forums?) Though I know first-hand how hard it is to get people excited about them :lol:

Just some ideas, I doubt I'd come up with any of this if it wasn't 3AM :nuts:

Ditching and keeping to franchise is something that sounds good in theory but never works in practice. It sounds all sensible until you have a new game come out and then its threads get mixed in with the older games.

How do you mean by the homepage?

More contests are in the sink for the future for sure! :cool:

I don't know, maybe some kind of prefixes could sort the problem you were talking about? :hmmm: And by the homepage I mean a part of the website that is separated from the forums but like I said, that's just a silly idea :)
Silly or not, all suggestions are welcomed. :D

Maybe separate the mod shop section from the main forum, it's a different world out there.
In what way. Do you mean like hide them in their own section but not publicly displayed on the main forum home?

I totally agree with CLR-GTR, I actually mod a different game than TDU, and maybe some other guys here make mods for other games too, who knows :cheeky: new Mod sections for other games would be nice!
It's alright saying this but it depends on if it's taken up and popular enough to warrant its own area.

Good to get all this feedback though guys, keep any and all coming you can think of. :cool:

Okay okay...

Potential long paragraph incoming so I'll try to whittle it down:

I think it's mostly good as it is - perhaps pile all the driving and racing games into one and put them under one whole gaming subforum. Sort them by genre?

I like how it is, but I agree we should try to expand a bit to get more people in and welcome more games into the modding community :)

What did I just say..

Build me a throne made out of brown sugar and goat livers.

Also where I am also looking for insight is in the Photomode/Media areas for titles; how do you feel they should be approached?

I think we should have a separate photomode area in general for games, instead of a subforum on the game itself. Then we could make a subforum for each game? Just an idea, that way we can all go and appreciate media and not have to go find the game forum to see the screenies? Sounds like a lot more work though idk x.x

Genre sorting a number of you seem to be saying. :hmmm: How would this work though?

* Racing Games - broken into sub-cats of Sim, Arcade?

* Freeroam - open-road and open world titles only?

* Driving - ETS, Bus Driver etc.

Definitely seeing an ask for more titles in the Mod Shop.

Brown sugar sure, goat livers may be a problem.

Universal Photomode sub-forum? Interesting.

Cheers Clarence.

Genre sorting a number of you seem to be saying. :hmmm: How would this work though?

* Racing Games - broken into sub-cats of Sim, Arcade?

* Freeroam - open-road and open world titles only?

* Driving - ETS, Bus Driver etc.

Universal Photomode sub-forum? Interesting.

Cheers Clarence.

Genre Sorting:

Racing/Driving (all racing/driving games)

FPS/Shooter

etc.

etc.

IMO anyway.

And yes, universal photomode sub-forum - this way all photographers can have a spot to comment and hang out on games and whatnot :D