We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

I can not play well TDU2 with this machine! Help!

gadd3008

Hello to all forum friends. Now my problem is this, I own a computer with the following features: AMD Athlon II Processor x64 3 core. Motherboard AsRock n68 ucc vs3. 6GB RAM. Evga video card NVIDIA GT 640 2GB ddr3. And yet it costs me play TDU2 fluid put in so all the cities to enter the fps drop me roughly 12-15. High As I've raced to 35, and in city like San Antonio or Ibiza made me down 17-22 fps. Quite a lock for a video game that is not the latest technology. Well, if anyone has any advice on what could be the cause of so few fps will appreciate it.:drool:

TDU2 is very bad optimized, which is one of many tdu2 minuses.

And you have weak gpu for that mater, its not a gaming card.

Lower down your settings, close any background programs.

If you have like 315 drivers you dont really need an update cause that card is older and you wont get any benefits anyway.

I dont think DX is outdated to, cause many game installers nowadays updates it to latters version, but it was good advice ( dont get me wrong Robik, i agree with your opinion).

• 8 months later...

Haha, a GT640 is waaay better than crappy Intel Chipsets Q45/Q43 (which happens to be taking up my only PCIe slot, at very best I get around 20fps, plus Intel Graphics seems to have huge incompatiblities with the game). I think TDU 2 is optimized for AMD video cards more than NVidea cards (as people who complain seem to use an Nvidia card, I've began playing the game on another computer with Radeon HD 8400 graphics and it runs fine on low settings of course 1080p with no lag spikes). I really need to upgrade my machine, too bad money doesn't grow on trees.

Hello to all forum friends. Now my problem is this, I own a computer with the following features: AMD Athlon II Processor x64 3 core. Motherboard AsRock n68 ucc vs3. 6GB RAM. Evga video card NVIDIA GT 640 2GB ddr3. And yet it costs me play TDU2 fluid put in so all the cities to enter the fps drop me roughly 12-15. High As I've raced to 35, and in city like San Antonio or Ibiza made me down 17-22 fps. Quite a lock for a video game that is not the latest technology. Well, if anyone has any advice on what could be the cause of so few fps will appreciate it.:drool:

Clean your PC with CCleaner, don't install the game in the same partition where you have your OS installed (it causes fragmentation of the HDD), disable the internet if your playing offline and then disable the antivirus temporarily, defragment the drive/partition where you have the OS installed and then the one where you have your game installed (try Defraggler, it's much better then the default defragmentation program that comes with Windows, you'll have to defragment each drive/partiton 2 times on a row until you see the results in the end above 20fps), finally decrypt the GAMEPC.cpr file and disable the Motion blur and the Post Process FX (set them to 0, that should give you a medium boost), encrypt them again in the end.