We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The next The Crew PS4 and Xbox One Closed Beta starts Nov 6th - 10th

Eudemon

The date for the 'November' The Crew Closed Console Beta for PS4 and Xbox One has been revealed and will begin on November 6th and last until the 10th... providing there are no reasons or accepted calls for an extension as has been the case with every other Beta beforehand. If you haven't signed up yet to be in with a chance of participating then do so NOW at the link below.

UPDATE: No NDA for this one!

This beta being under no NDA, you will be free to stream, upload videos and share pictures with the community.

Sauce: TheCrewGame.com

The Crew Beta - Register here! Official Website

This will be the final Beta for the game before it's release in December so all playtesters make sure you get your virtual driving gloves on and test the hell out of the game and report back your experiences and findings. :cool:

Looking for another chance to jump into The Crew before it releases on December 2? Keep your engines warm, because the next closed beta will take place on November 6 through November 10 for Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

Sauce: UbiBlog

I dunno, I kinda see console betas as demo's (and your comment cements that) and server stress tests. PCs are so varied so you're more likely to find bugs. Of course console players will find stuff that's NQR. Maybe they don't complain as much on the forums. It just seems odd that they wouldn't take the opportunity to make sure the PC version is a-ok before release, or are they that confident :lol:

They've posted new patch notes on the official site:

Greetings everyone,

As announced last week here are the latest Patch Notes that highlight the main changes and modifications that have been applied to the game since the last beta.

Once again, we will be monitoring your feedback during the coming closed beta on console, from the 6th of November to the 10th, so make sure to share with us your comments on the forums.

Patch notes

[subhead]Graphics[/subhead]

* Anti-aliasing improvement.

* Slight upgrade of the overall graphics.

[subhead]Online[/subhead]

* VOIP changes: Players are now able to talk to members of their crew only. To talk to other players they have to be added to the crew, even if they are in your friend list.

* Global improvement of the sessionning system in freeride.

[subhead]UI[/subhead]

* The size of several elements of the UI has been tuned. Names of friends and in the session are now much more visible and easy to read.

[subhead]Gameplay[/subhead]

Handling:

* The sensitivity of the handling has been tuned and improved for all the driving modes (All help, Sport and Hardcore).

* The heaviness of the vehicles has been tuned for a better feeling.

* Increase of the collision stability with dynamic and static objects.

* Adjustment of the impact of destructible items on cars (speed reduction when destroying an object).

The team also fixed over 2700 bugs since the last closed beta and many other modifications and improvements have been made to the game.

Get your PS4 and Xbox One ready for the next beta and don’t forget to have fun on our roads!

#NeverDriveAlone

The Crew Team

Sauce

Oh so another handling update, this will be interesting to see how people respond to the changes and if it's for better or worse.

Very interested to see what it feels like now, as I've said before I think they've nailed the balance between sim and arcade racer, now they just need to perfect the feel of it. I'm also interested just because I haven't played since the second pc beta. I wonder how noticeable the "slight upgrade of the overall graphics" is.

So I've played it for a bit have to say I'm disappointed.

Now a lot is to do with me not playing with a wheel.

On PC that was HUGE fun but with the controller it's SO weird. I mean horizon2 feels like iracing next to this. It's SO arcady, not that anything wrong with arcade but and the cars are so hard to correct with a gamepad. The tires are too gripy, impossible to drift the car unless the game gets into that 'drift mode'. So like the previous beta the physics are still detached and not organic in any way. I didn't see any differences in graphics but the noise filter at night time is reduced at least. I can't really compare further though because a lot of problems I've had was with force feedback and wheel support on the PC beta. Lets hope they are improved at least.

Comparing it to forza horizon 2 the handling isn't up to scratch however, I've noticed a slight difference when I upgraded the car and changed the handling to hardcore, feels better, there are setting for the controller which I'm looking online to change but the game itself is nice and looks great, love the demo mode in the showroom. Still have a lot to play.

Here's an interesting video covering the drifting with the new handling:

(He also made a video about handling changes compared to last betas) The handling generally seems to be easier, and while it is good news, I'm kinda dissapointed that the hardcore mode will not provide any demanding challenge, nor will it require a lot of practice to be able to drive it well. I'm still hoping that after release they will add the 'enthusiast mode' (as MadManCK called it) - a mode without any assists, especially that the physics look promising.

Not really drifting is it? What I am seeing a lot of is quite a number of people putting down the handling compared to liking it. I've even seen one person saying that because of the vast size of the map and environment that you can forgive the "awkward" handling.

There are also the expected comparisons to Forza Horizon 2 in which the Playground Games title is being eternally favoured, and on the PS4 there is a strong split between this and DRIVECLUB. I guess in this day you need to pick who your core is and target them hard and kind of placate the others via optional settings.

Best thing to do in regards to any game is listen to those people who are just like you and share the same preference and style as yourself then really you will know what to expect.

So I've played a lot and have used the skyline and the vw, putting the handling on sport mode and upgrading the car has made a big improvent, you can easily adjust and get used to the physics which are not bad and I like them especially when I used the vw which suprised me considering all the negativity the handling mode has got.

Get used to it hit the right spot and it's very enjoyable, at higher speed it may get tricky but that's when upgrading the car comes into play I've noticed the difference in car types too the muscle cars feel sluggish whilst the vw and skyline are nippy.

The map is on a whole other level the detail is stunning and I'm enjoying it a lot. This game is promising

Here's an interesting video covering the drifting with the new handling:
(He also made a video about handling changes compared to last betas) The handling generally seems to be easier, and while it is good news, I'm kinda dissapointed that the hardcore mode will not provide any demanding challenge, nor will it require a lot of practice to be able to drive it well. I'm still hoping that after release they will add the 'enthusiast mode' (as MadManCK called it) - a mode without any assists, especially that the physics look promising.

yeah not really drifting indeed, it's more of a loophole in the physics rather than a natural conclusion of input. But WHATEVER I mean it's only a game not the end of the world, it's still fun with the weird physics. From day 1 I wasn't actually expecting it to have TDU hc mode physics anyway.