We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The Crew - Executive Producer talks about the tools of the trade

jarfcl

Personally think it deserves its own thread as it talks more about the technical aspect as well as generally giving answers people may have. :D Plus it's Ahmed Boukhelifa, one name that many veterans will recognise. ;)

In our previous games, our artists were spending far too much time just putting trees and details in. There is a limit to creativity when all you’re doing is planting a tree and rotating, planting a tree and rotating... It’s not very effective and I don’t think we could do as good still having to do that.
That explains the crazy diagonal trees in TDU then! :lol:

Personally think it deserves its own thread as it talks more about the technical aspect as well as generally giving answers people may have. :D Plus it's Ahmed Boukhelifa, one name that many veterans will recognise. ;)

That explains the crazy diagonal trees in TDU then! :lol:

Ok, no problem, I just didn't dare to create one, without knowing if the article deserved it :)

I was surprised too, I thought TDU forest where proceduraly programmed lol ... no no... the old way... a man in a shed, a bunch of trees, a "place" function and a "rotate" function lol, that was TDU's way :lol:

Ok, no problem, I just didn't dare to create one, without knowing if the article deserved it :)

I was surprised too, I thought TDU forest where proceduraly programmed lol ... no no... the old way... a man in a shed, a bunch of trees, a "place" function and a "rotate" function lol, that was TDU's way :lol:

Haha, could you imagine how boring that would be? Surely paying the poor guy to create some kind of tree generating code would be more interesting for him :lol: