We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

What are your top 10 favourite TV shows?

CarMadMike

I have never watched Seinfeld and the same was true of Frasier as I never found them to be in my area of humour, yeah I know weird. I did catch up on Frasier through Channel 4's morning showings and probably watched a large number of the whole series and even though it certainly had its moments it was just something I left on to pass the time to my next coffee.

:c:

Still have never watched an episode of Seinfeld to this day.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never watched Seinfeld and the same was true of Frasier as I never found them to be in my area of humour, yeah I know weird. I did catch up on Frasier through Channel 4's morning showings and probably watched a large number of the whole series and even though it certainly had its moments it was just something I left on to pass the time to my next coffee.

I used to hate Frasier, I thought it was pretentious and simply not funny. I only watched because as you said it's on Channel 4 in the morning when I was filling up on caffeine, and as it happens, if you watch it for long enough you start to love it :lol:

I did enjoy some episodes but others I just wanted someone to punch him and Niles.

:lol: Fair enough. Eddie the dog though, great character, great actor :p

--- Post Updated ---

Okay here goes. Let the judging commence. :evil:

1. Gilmore Girls

The writing is fantastic, Amy Sherman-Palladino is an incredible writer, as his her husband who also helped write the show. It's full of quirky, witty humour and pop culture references. There's an atmosphere to the show that you rarely feel with TV shows unless they're one in a million. The acting is great, Lauren Graham is fantastic and so is the story. The show is addictive to watch like Friends (maybe before it was repeated a thousand times) and is on Time magazine's top 100 TV shows of all time. Go watch it, I don't care if you feel girly! :cheeky:

(PS it's on Netflix in excellent quality)

2. Breaking Bad

What can I say? You want to watch an amazing actor working with incredible writing? This is it. Bryan Cranston's career was pretty much rebooted by his performance on this show. The whole cast is fantastic. It's a must watch, Mike. :evil:

3. Friends

It has to be. I've had a tough time deciding between Friends and Frasier but I think Friends edges slightly ahead. It's a show that you simply cannot dislike. The characters are so unique and interesting, the comedy of Matthew Perry is brilliant, I could watch it everyday.. and to be honest still do now it's on Comedy Central in HD. :lol:

4. Frasier

It has award winning Kelsey Grammer in it, he's just awesome. It's everything from slapstick comedy to drama. And it's a show like no other, despite being a spin off of Cheers, which was itself a show like no other. Not to mention, Eddie the dog! Played by father and son dog team Moose and Enzo they could have had a show of their own. :lol: Also, the amount of famous people who played callers on his radio show is nuts: Linda Hamilton (Sarah Connor from the Terminator), Christopher Reeve (superman!), Fat Tony from The Simpsons, Eddie Van Halen, Jay Leno, Ben Stiller, Mel Brooks, Elijah Wood, Tommy Hilfiger, Mary Tyler Moore and that's just season 1. :lol:

5. House

Hugh Laurie. I love that man. Superb acting from start to finish, and one of the few series I can think of that changed about 4-5 key parts throughout the series and can not only survive but thrive and continue as a great show. It's a great journey, you need to go watch it start to finish if you haven't already.

6. House of Cards (US)

We seem to have a theme going on here... but seriously. Kevin Spacey. Kevin god damn Spacey. He's brilliant, what more can you want? Well you get more, you get a thrilling series with excellent acting, incredible writing and a unique way of story telling. As long as Netflix can make TV shows like this and Orange Is The New Black I'll continue paying for it and being a fanboy. The 3rd season starts in February, even if you hate politics (I do) go watch it anyway. It's probably one of the best, if not the best, TV shows currently on TV.

7. Lost

The ending is controversial and has disappointed many a fan, but I would still say it doesn't matter. Everything up to that point makes it worthwhile. Your first time seeing it you'll be left blown away, the storyline is just nuts, the mysteries. 8.6/10 on imdb! Remember that it was created by, written by, and for the $14,000,000 pilot, directed by J.J. Abrams - yes, the guy who produced the new Star Trek movies and is producing and writing the screenplay for the new Star Wars. He's also producing the Portal and Half Life films, not to mention his other credits such as Person of Interest and Mission Impossible. Go see. Go.

8. How I Met Your Mother

Well kids, it was the year 2014... I mean... what a show. Yet again, controversial ending but it doesn't matter. It's almost Friends quality TV show... that's impressive. Nothing has come this close and I'd be amazed if anything came this close again. Seriously, it's legend... wait for it... dary. LEGENDARY.

9. Veronica Mars

I love Kristen Bell. Come on, you can't not love her?! It's a show that will surprise you, it's dark and mysterious and it can be hilarious too. Great characters, great writing, like the Gilmore Girls it's very atmospheric. It won't be to everybody's tastes but it's worth trying. Plus.. Kristen Bell.

10. Who knows.

This is going to have to be my mixed bag of shows that I couldn't decided between. Too many deserve to be on my top 10, but there's only 10 spaces :(

- American Horror Story: I thought it sounded ridiculous, a different storyline every season? Nah, it's class.

- Boss: Kelsey Grammer won an award for this too, best actor in a drama. The series itself was beaten for best drama by Homeland, and yet no-one has seen it. This is probably the best example of Kelsey Grammer's acting capabilities, he's massively underrated. In another world it could have been him in House of Cards instead of Kevin Spacey.

- CSI LV/Miami/NY: I know it's not always been the best writing or the best acting, and LV has certainly gone downhill over the past few years. But it's been great TV.

- Desperate Housewives: You've got to love it. It'll shock you and it'll make you laugh. It was a great watch from start to finish.... twice.

- Heroes: Yeah.. it went downhill but it started with a bang and was short enough that it was still a good watch towards the end.

- Ramsay's.. whatever. Kitchen Nightmares, Hotel Hell, whatever. He's an awesome man and the series provides some entertainment that doesn't make you think too much.

- Sherlock: It's one of the highest rated current shows for a reason.

- Sons of Anarchy: It's not everyone's cup of tea, and like me you might get half-way through and lose interest, but there's no doubting the quality of the show.

- The Mentalist: a new take on an old story I guess, unique and interesting, and better yet gripping. You'll follow Patrick Jane as he tracks down the serial killer who murdered his family and taunts him with murder after murder. It's one of few shows I know that can evolve in a large way and it actually works. I'd say it's a must try, at the very least.

- The Walking Dead: holy atmospheric tv series batman! It's had it's ups and downs, but the ups are so great you can move past the downs. Go watch, now, just remember. Don't dead, open inside.

- True Blood: it probably should have been concluded earlier but it's a brilliant watch for the first few years anyway. Albeit a bit violent... and strange.

Apologies for the long post... I REALLY like TV.

5. Alarm Für Cobra 11

It's of the same vintage as me, 1996, and I remember watching Semir and his fellas at around age of 4 or 5. It's still going in Germany. Every Thursday at around 8PM on RTL Television. I need to download some 'neue Folgen'. There is some heavy marketing going on from BMW and MB as Semir. Absolutely brilliant.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::c lap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Thank you for reminding me on this show

nice memories from childhood,Semir and his BMWs

anyway,I must post my list of shows soon....

:lol: Fair enough. Eddie the dog though, great character, great actor :p

Okay here goes. Let the judging commence. :evil:

:list:

haha gilmore girls, I liked that show too plus house of cards <3

Lost was great though towards the 5th season I lost interest

Badum tishhh

--- Post Updated ---

Seinfeld is great, you could almost pick it up from any season or any episode and still have a laugh because 'it's a show about nothing'.

Fraiser is a bit different you do need some back story, it's not your usual sitcom there is drama and plot to it but of course it's very funny once you get to know the characters