We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

The Crew Season Pass Trailer - The cars you'll want are the cars you need to pay for!

Eudemon

[headline]The Crew Season Pass Trailer[/headline]

In the below trailer we get a look at the cars that will be coming to The Crew as part of the recently detailed Season Pass, and annoyingly many of the cars people will have been looking forward to that have been shown in media will only be available as DLC! :fp:

Icons like the McLaren F1 or the much loved Mercedes C63 AMG will only be yours if you have the Season Pass or buy the containing Car Pack when it's released. This wouldn't be so bad if the game was out and we were seeing this media of what we can look forward to but to show it before we presume even know what the final car list is is just crazy. But then Ubisoft going to Ubisoft.

:headbang:

Well that's disappointing.

Looks like Ubisoft are turning into another EA or Activision. Selling "DLC" that will more than likely be on the disc when the game is shipped. I wonder how many other cars that have already been shown will be part of these packs?

I'm half tempted to wait till the game gets cheaper or pick it up second hand now. Will have plenty of other tings to keep me occupied.

:es:

yeah I was expecting nothing more from ubisoft. They're just another publisher with no dignity whatsoever. Certainly not our fault that we keep buying this dlc crap because it's there. This exploit will continue unless there are more publishers like rockstar games.

I seriously think there is a cartel between EA, Activision and now Ubisoft. They can getaway with releasing half a game for the full price and lets be honest if all the alternatives are doing the same scam what are you going to do about it?

So I guess that whole 'multiple years of continued' development isn't going to happen then.

New post-launch features requires staff

Staff requires money

Money has to come from within that local project (game)

That's us.

It's also possible that everyone might get some of those cars, but it's just say the 'Performance' spec version of the car (because after all, "it's a brand new car" when you tune it) that's DLC??? We already know the game is written in such a way that it'll take ages to be to afford one of those cars in game anyway. (How many hours did I take before you could afford a Skyline?)

For the extra $20 I spent on this Season Pass I think I'm getting a good deal, and if that helps bring new games modes and dynamic weather then that's a better deal than Diablo's 12-month Speshul offer. :cheeky:

That's what needs to be looked at too, see how the game acts in how you win and acquire money to buy and upgrade your cars. If it seems like too little for the work you're doing then it's clearly a push towards in-game microtransactions, and like Ozz says there's many an idiot who accepts and keeps this going. And as has been said since the first horse armour release it's unfortunately only going to get even worse.

Well that's disappointing.

Looks like Ubisoft are turning into another EA or Activision. Selling "DLC" that will more than likely be on the disc when the game is shipped. I wonder how many other cars that have already been shown will be part of these packs?

I'm half tempted to wait till the game gets cheaper or pick it up second hand now. Will have plenty of other tings to keep me occupied.

:es:

Well judging by how Assassins Creed Unity is turning out to be...

Fair point, but keep in mind most games that rort the DLC system aren't developed for ~6 years before release, using the talents of 2 studios with hundreds of staff. That's a lot of money Ubi has invested.

but think of it like this, if it had all those car packs in the full retail version would the game worth $80? I BET those car packs are already prepared and polished and they would have what 4-5 cars each lets say 20 at most, I suspect it'll still be less than what TDU, a 7 year old game had, and they're making you wait for it at your expense.

For the bigger titles in the industry the life cycle of the games are pretty much the same. Cut down version of the full game in the retail stores then a nice marketing campaign to making people believe that they'll continue supporting the game but in truth they're just releasing the cut pieces that should've been in the retail version anyway. Nobody cares about what community asks after the release, the update content is already set way back while developing the game.

For all we know the cars are 'in game' (can be driven) but perhaps interiors or exploding customisation parts in the tuner shops aren't done yet

Most recent interview mentioned 120 cars in TC at launch. I expect that includes various specs.

bit off topic but I'll rant here anyway

I think the crew took a really wrong direction with its overall game design. They wanted to give this crime-thriller story driven vibe into the game and same goes for customization decisions. I couldn't care less about a this or that spec of a car as I'll probably use all of them stock. I guess I'm just alone at that. It would've been much better if this story crap didn't affect the gameplay unlike in TDU where you can buy houses, see all of your cars in that garage, go to actual car dealers and tuners to purchase things instead of going to a dodgy shed with lots of effects in it. I'm annoyed by all that but I guess it's just me and all in all it doesn't matter I guess

I agree, but the problem with that as a game designer is then you're otherwise creating "just another driving game". While we appreciate getting the core driving aspects done right, the industry requires separation. Driving stock cars will depend on who you're cruising with and what they pick I think. At least instead of organising a "Group C cruise", we could be a little more specific and say a "D 180" cruise (Dirt spec, performance index).

I suspect supercars will be the best candidates for Full Stock spec.

I agree, but the problem with that as a game designer is then you're otherwise creating "just another driving game". While we appreciate getting the core driving aspects done right, the industry requires separation. Driving stock cars will depend on who you're cruising with and what they pick I think. At least instead of organising a "Group C cruise", we could be a little more specific and say a "D 180" cruise (Dirt spec, performance index).

I suspect supercars will be the best candidates for Full Stock spec.

is that really a thing though? does the average audience for driving games really look for a story? I never got the appeal of a driving game with scenerio. There are many ways you can differentiate yourself but I don't think story is one of them. It actually ruins the experience in the crew's case.

Wow really another EA? Well at least if its gonna be like 15-20$ its not that bad then but if its gonna be like Battlefield franchise where the premium is 2x price of the actual game then, no thanks.

Honestly i dont mind stories in racing games the NFS MW (the old one) had a story and it was pretty good same goes for The Run, but when you mix racing and crime together it doesnt really work for me too