We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Help with sound mod file (making)

chocolatestar

Hi,

So I made a startup sound (I use to make these and worked fine, but not working anymore)

ST_f599gtb_startup.wav :: Free File Hosting - File Dropper: File Host for Mp3, Videos, Music, Documents.

I converted it to the Microsoft ADPCM .wav file and when i rebuild the file etc, it's just silent ingame (not working).

Anyone have any ideas why?

Well I downloaded the file and listened to it... Seems allright...

But I will explain it to you how to make a Soundmod working:

1. Take a root file (which has easy basics (at least at the beginning)) such as skyline_high.bnk

2. Unpack this bnk and look at the sound files (skyline_high.bnk/Build/R8_V10).

3. There you will find tons of sound files, but just (again for beginning) concentrate on ST_R8_Startup (startup), ST_clk_onhigh (revs), ST_R8_exhaust (exhaust rumble or turbos) AND ST_R8_idle (Idle, low revs)

4. Listen to the original (at 3. named) sound files

5. Rename your edited sound files to ST_R8_Startup etc. and paste them into the skyline_high.bnk folder (skyline_high.bnk/Build/R8_V10)

6. Repack skyline_high.bnk with the .bnk file you want to replace. For example skyline_high.bnk --> xkr_high.bnk etc.

7. Enjoy!

I hope this little instruction helped :)

Greets

Well I downloaded the file and listened to it... Seems allright...

But I will explain it to you how to make a Soundmod working:

1. Take a root file (which has easy basics (at least at the beginning)) such as skyline_high.bnk

2. Unpack this bnk and look at the sound files (skyline_high.bnk/Build/R8_V10).

3. There you will find tons of sound files, but just (again for beginning) concentrate on ST_R8_Startup (startup), ST_clk_onhigh (revs), ST_R8_exhaust (exhaust rumble or turbos) AND ST_R8_idle (Idle, low revs)

4. Listen to the original (at 3. named) sound files

5. Rename your edited sound files to ST_R8_Startup etc. and paste them into the skyline_high.bnk folder (skyline_high.bnk/Build/R8_V10)

6. Repack skyline_high.bnk with the .bnk file you want to replace. For example skyline_high.bnk --> xkr_high.bnk etc.

7. Enjoy!

I hope this little instruction helped :)

Greets

Yes I know how to make a soundfile, that's quite obvious as I have stated.

I'm asking why the conversion file isn't working.