We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2 vehicle property editor UPDATED

binbow

Oops 30 cars! :eek:

I think that there is a potential that space for the name was insufficient.

Open the "Sensitive data" on "Miscellaneous" page, and please check the value of the "model pointer" and "sub model pointer".

If either value is a value close to 1,177,047, you can determine the space for the new name is insufficient.

• Replies 134
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, another question:

is there a way to change the car brand into a new one (for instance Porsche)?

Because when I change it it remains RUF.

Hmm.. I have no idea in this moment.

--- Post Updated ---

Open the "TDU2DBCarList.xml" file and rewrite it is not likely to use brand (eg "Bristol") to "Porsche". So Then, I think "Porsche" is displayed in the brand list from next time. please try. I can not confirm, because am not in front of the computer now.

--- updated ---

How I wrote above will not work.

I'll try to find a solution. Please wait for a while.

Hmm.. I have no idea in this moment.

--- Post Updated ---

Open the "TDU2DBCarList.xml" file and rewrite it is not likely to use brand (eg "Bristol") to "Porsche". So Then, I think "Porsche" is displayed in the brand list from next time. please try. I can not confirm, because am not in front of the computer now.

--- updated ---

How I wrote above will not work.

I'll try to find a solution. Please wait for a while.

Well the rest works, so thx anyway!

This tool could be very nice to adjust the many wrong gearboxes the car have ingame, that and maybe adjust the car handling of a few cars, like the Apollos extrem sliperyness or such. But I agree Who is racing anymore in tdu2? I know I havent done any races in the past two? years. I cant rember, Well I majorly just wanna drive around now adays but yeah the crew almost here and people may go partily to that.

TDU2 VehiclePropertyEditor is updated to ver0.7.

Changes from previous version are as follows.

- The program changed; When the "Save/Exit" button is clicked in "Setting" page, program once finished, and restart itself with the new configuration.

- Brand name "Bristol ; code=58" It has been changed to be used as a "Porsche".

- When changing the name, was to display the number of characters available free space.

- All functions are available. :csmile:

Since I will release a new version in a few days, this version will publish stop.

Download link:

Installation:

Place TDU2VPE.EXE, iniLdr.exe, TDU2vPE_ini.xml and TDU2DBCarList.xml to a suitable folder after extract the zip.

Older version user, it is necessary to overwrite the TDU2VPE.exe and TDU2DBCarList.xml.

requirement:

- TDUdec.exe; This tool will change the db_data.cpr. Therefore, you must have tdudec.exe.

- Unpacked game files.

Usage;

- Before use, please specify the location of TestDrive2.exe and TDUdec.exe.

- Read Vehicle data:

In the section of "Taeget vehicle", select the Vehicle, to read the data by pressing the "Load" button.

The current value is displayed in the column "Setting".

- Edit a data:

Enter a new value to "Modify to" column.

- Apply new value to db_data.cpr:

Press the "Apply" button.

Note:

- To restore the db_data.cpr, open "Other command" in "Setting" page, there is a button to restore the DB.

Then restore all the settings back to the initial

- Approximately 500 characters are available for vehicle name change.

If you find a point to be improved, please let me know.

Known bug(s);

- If you change either of data of 370Z and 370z nismo, there is a bug that also affect the other data. The same phenomenon will occur even Spyker D8 and D12.

Only the above two sets of the above issues have been identified.

- Vehicle ID of Dodge Charger SRT8 is wrong. I will fix in the next release.

You will be able to fix it by yourself by changing the ID of the Dodge Charger SRT 8 to 321 from 377 in TDU2DBCarList.XML.

Thank you.:clap: It perfect work but it can not be modified while playing. I had to leave the game before modify :cry:

Since way to edit the file, it is hard to reflect the edits on the fly.:sorry:

Could it be possible to also add cars with this tool, or would that be a no go?

Can not. For now, I'm not going to implement that functionality in the future.:para:

wich file i can backup to restore to a previous change? i mean,if i use the program one will reset all my changes right?

Make a copy the "db_data.dec" that has been left in the work directory, you can back up the changes up to that point.

Also, if you use the export function, you can save it with the name of the vehicle of data being edited. If import the data later, you can restore the data of the vehicle.

thanks a lot binbow

also,can i use this program to correct wheel positions when i put a mod on a different slot than the modder specified? like put the escalade that's supposed to replace the land rover on one of the spykers

Maybe yes.

Edit the "wheelbase","overhang front / rear" and "width / length" on the "Dimension" page.

After that, the value of the "Ride height" on "Aerodynamic" page also might need to be changed.