We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDUF - Most advanced modding tools for TDU so far!

Djey

Hello

Thanks djey for the potentially very interesting tool; however, I'm unfamiliar with command-prompt so I couldn't get this to work.

Here's a list of all the idle car slots in the database

AC Cobra 427

Aston Martin DB7 AR1

Aston Martin DB7 Volante

Audi A4 Touring Car (X360 Pack 6)

Audi A3 V6N (Used by Bugatti Type 57 mod)

Brabus SLK 6.1S

Brabus SLK B55S

Cadillac Sixteen (X360 Pack 6)

Chevrolet Corvette C6 "show and go"

Chevrolet Cobalt SS

Chevrolet Corvette C2 1963 (Used by Facel Vega mod)

Chrysler Crossfire Roadster SRT-6(clone)

Ferrari F40 (clone)

Ferrari Dino 246 GTS (X360 Pack 6)

Ferrari 308 GTB

Henessey Viper Venom Pack 1

Henessey Viper Venom Pack 2

Henessey Viper Venom Pack 3

Jaguar XKR Convertible

Lamborghini Diablo GT (X360 Pack 6)

Lexus IS-F

Maserati Coupe

Mazda RX8

Mazda MX5

Nissan 350Z Roadster (X360 Pack 6)

Pontiac GTO "The Judge"

Pontiac Solstice (X360 Pack 6)

Wiesmann GT

Triumph 955i Daytona (X360 Pack 6)

and these next few slots aren't exactly idle, but they share vehicle files among each other and can potentially be separated into their own full fledged vehicle.

Alfa Romeo GT Technical Kit 2

Alfa Romeo GT Technical Kit 3

Mercedes-Benz SLK55 AMG Performance Pack

Nissan 350Z Nismo R-Tune

Nissan 350Z Nismo R-Tune Power

(Bolded cars aren't shown by TDUMTs vehicle manager)

Activating these slots is rather easy, I managed to do it in this way, I'm using the Audi A4 Touring Car as an example here because its data is complete(which can easily be filled in using TDUPE).

First step is changing the file name (this is technically made irrelevant with this tool but for demonstration purposes)

i~imgur~com/5I2p9zV~png

i~imgur~com/leOWz75~png

as you can see I changed the file path from A4_DTM to F360_Stradale, this makes the car use the exterior, interior and sound files from the Ferrari 360CS, with TDUF you'd theoretically be able to activate the A4_DTM files so this isn't needed. This very same method is used by the Bugatti and Facel Vega mods.

The next step is the crucial step (JPTH this is what you probably need)

every car in TDU has a BitValue, I don't exactly know what it fully controls but the pattern seems to be that all idle cars have similar bit sizes while active slots have similar values(a lot of which use BitValue 111)

i~imgur~com/NxXhci8~png

so using TDUUT, you can extract the CarPhysicsData file to change the BitSize as such

i~imgur~com/Atzea72~png

Now the idle slot is activated; rims can be easily added by extracting CarRims and assigned a rim file for the car. Adding colors is even easier using the TDUMT vehicle manager(but some cars aren't included), but I just wanted to demonstrate what's possible. :)

i~imgur~com/8KfDEMK~png

If I manage to utilise new bnk files to slots and with support from vehicle modders to fill in slots, I can try to make an "Unofficial Megapack"(similar to the TDU2 community patch) that adds cars in those slots.

but facel vega and bugatti replace exist files, default.bnk and default_bike.bnk.....

Yes that's technically true, but the installer assigns those files for the Audi A3 V6N and Corvette 63 (just like what i did to the A4 using the F360 bnk files).

If you open up the vehicle manager in TDUMT you'd see that the original car names for them line up to the Audi and Corvette, after those mods Default car uses the RS4 bnk and Default bike uses one of a ducati, you can see for yourself by putting them in any car dealership. :)

I did MappingTool fix-missing --mapFile"D:\Jogos\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk\Vehicules\RX8_Cpe.bnk" and the same thing to RX8_Cpe_I.bnk and RX8_Cpe_F_01.bnk and appears the vehicule replaced for facel vega and default rims....

I did something wrong or i need to do other thing?

Appears this(WTF???):

http://s15.postimg.org/qgok8o3h7/abc.png

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in the tools :)

That is not the right command line. You should use once :

MappingTool fix-missing -bnkDir "D:\Jogos\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk"

as explained in README. That way, you will be able to use new file names you've just put in the TDU folders.

Djey, I keep getting this message

C:\Users\-\Desktop\TDU F>java -cp lib\tduf-cli-all-0.1.0.jar fr.tduf.cli.tools

.MappingTool fix-missing --bnkDir "C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlim

ited\Euro\Bnk"

Exception in thread "main" java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: C:\Program Files

(x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk\Bnk1.map

at sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.translateToIOException(Unknown Source)

at sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.rethrowAsIOException(Unknown Source)

at sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.rethrowAsIOException(Unknown Source)

at sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileSystemProvider.newByteChannel(Unknown Source)

at java.nio.file.spi.FileSystemProvider.newOutputStream(Unknown Source)

at java.nio.file.Files.newOutputStream(Unknown Source)

at java.nio.file.Files.write(Unknown Source)

at fr.tduf.cli.tools.MappingTool.saveBankMap(MappingTool.java:234)

at fr.tduf.cli.tools.MappingTool.fixMissing(MappingTool.java:217)

at fr.tduf.cli.tools.MappingTool.doMain(MappingTool.java:102)

at fr.tduf.cli.tools.MappingTool.main(MappingTool.java:83)

am I doing something wrong or missing something? I've typed in the same command line(with my installation path) and tested the game no new vehicle.

However mapfile commands seems to work perfectly.

Ok, you have to start TDUF.cmd script as Administrator.

I'll update documentation :)

Personally, I never install games in Program Files as it's a write protected folder ...

I've tried before, I keep getting a "windows cannot find TDUF-intro.cmd"

would it be easier to just reinstall the game on a different path?

EDIT: I moved the game folder to the C drive and the command worked, the slot I was testing was activated but no model appeared. I'm gonna try and test a few things to see what I can find.

Edit 2: the car slot is activated, but model is blank despite the file names are in the folders and matching up to database (RX8_Cpe, RX8_Cpe_I and RX8_Cpe_audio) rims are already assigned as Mazda is a fairly complete slot.

i~imgur~com/JNiXztA~png

I've tried before, I keep getting a "windows cannot find TDUF-intro.cmd"

would it be easier to just reinstall the game on a different path?

EDIT: I moved the game folder to the C drive and the command worked, the slot I was testing was activated but no model appeared. I'm gonna try and test a few things to see what I can find.

Edit 2: the car slot is activated, but model is blank despite the file names are in the folders and matching up to database (RX8_Cpe, RX8_Cpe_I and RX8_Cpe_audio) rims are already assigned as Mazda is a fairly complete slot.

i~imgur~com/JNiXztA~png

Which are exact file names of files you just added ?

Please report contents of list-missing operation in MappingTool.

I tried with A4_DTM.bnk, A4_DTM_I.bnk and A4_DTM_audio.bnk. It worked.

But I did not use RX8 slot, it was the A3_V6 N slot. Maybe an issue with some slots ??

Which are exact file names of files you just added ?

Please report contents of list-missing operation in MappingTool.

I tried with A4_DTM.bnk, A4_DTM_I.bnk and A4_DTM_audio.bnk. It worked.

But I did not use RX8 slot, it was the A3_V6 N slot. Maybe an issue with some slots ??

Nevermind I found the problem and I can do it consistently.

Soon I'm going to post something I have in the works that'll be pretty interesting. :)

Nevermind I found the problem and I can do it consistently.

Soon I'm going to post something I have in the works that'll be pretty interesting. :)

If you really prescribes the Map,why don't you share how you did it ,because I think you are a bit mistaken(if I am wrong , then your experience would be useful to know everyone !)With respect !:nuts:

What to look at ?!What you showed I had like 3 years running ,but to activate and to write new files to the Map,this is not who could not do !But if you did ,why wouldn't share with all your experience ,and for example to explain many as you want to register is not written to the files in the Map ?!
'Writing' new files to the Map ? That's exactly what TDUF tools can do - so no magic here. Just download and try by yourself.

On the other hand, enabling all slots is a long, tremendous task and need to be done just once for everyone to enjoy it. I am planning to give details and forge new tools when I have time. So be patient and let people experiment... there's a long way to go still :)

'Writing' new files to the Map ? That's exactly what TDUF tools can do - so no magic here. Just download and try by yourself.

On the other hand, enabling all slots is a long, tremendous task and need to be done just once for everyone to enjoy it. I am planning to give details and forge new tools when I have time. So be patient and let people experiment... there's a long way to go still :)

Undoubtedly ,it is a long way ,but I believe that in such cases there should not be confusion, because it introduces many errors ,that's why when I'm working on it, I use the source of the original model game!,not mods!

Imo it just serves as demonstrating what it will be possible to do in the future. To make anyone dreaming about it :)

The first step may lead to a 1.70 community patch from a very clean base, including :

• 1.67 database + opened slots OR 1.66 + megapack database + opened slots
  • Enhanced Magic Map
  • All new files using default TDU contents (ext, int, rims, sounds, gauges ...)
  • ... ? Sure I forgot some things !

Did you add new files in Bnk folders before executing tool ?

What does the tool indicate after launching fix-missing op ?

Yes.

[ATTACH]22338[/ATTACH]

I put lamborghini diablo gt on US Independents dealer, when i run the game, no appear the US independent dealer....