We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDUF - Most advanced modding tools for TDU so far!

Djey

Hi,

something did corrupt TDUF configuration file, it seems.

To solve this, delete file at Users\You\.tduf\tduf.properties then restart the tool.  You will have to set TDU Database directory again, though.

I'm aware of global crash when configuration is corrupt, that's a thing I have to fix on a future release (but I don't have planned it yet).

Edited by Djey

2 hours ago, Djey said:

Hi,

something did corrupt TDUF configuration file, it seems.

To solve this, delete file at Users\You\.tduf\tduf.properties then restart the tool.  You will have to set TDU Database directory again, though.

I'm aware of global crash when configuration is corrupt, that's a thing I have to fix on a future release (but I don't have planned it yet).

Thanks for the guide on how to fix this, and right now the app goes back to normal, I will be working on a new car's stats very soon.

Hello, is there any car database that is useful for configuring the car's stats to real life specs? There are some data in tduf (suspension, ride height, overhang measurements, etc.) that is hard for me to look for and I want the cars to drive as close to real life as possible.

EDIT: Sorry if I did a double post.

Edited by Ztryka531

14 minutes ago, Ztryka531 said:

Hello, is there any car database that is useful for configuring the car's stats to real life specs? There are some data in tduf (suspension, ride height, overhang measurements, etc.) that is hard for me to look for and I want the cars to drive as close to real life as possible.

EDIT: Sorry if I did a double post.

Automobile Catalog

Circuit and rally specs here too.

1 hour ago, Ztryka531 said:

Thanks man! (If only there's a preview option in the program that allows look into wheel and color designs before publishing, my life would have been much easier designing car wheels/rims and color with correct paint type like metallic)

Metallic colors are always coded as "RM_06"  That means it's "Red Metallic nº 06"

But to make your life easier, i uploaded something that was very useful for me when i did Platinum. 

26 minutes ago, Milli said:

But to make your life easier, i uploaded something that was very useful for me when i did Platinum. 

That's a great guide. I had the big color image from somewhere, but never saw the folder with the paints on cars before.

On a side note, even though these factory paints don't show up online when applied locally, I noticed that some of them still look pretty good when reapplied through the custom paint shop. So for cars with unused paint slots, factory paints can be locally added as sort of quick bookmark to apply various colors in the custom paint shop (which show up online).. haha.

9 minutes ago, TDU Iceman said:

That's a great guide. I had the big color image from somewhere, but never saw the folder with the paints on cars before.

On a side note, even though these factory paints don't show up online when applied locally, I noticed that some of them still look pretty good when reapplied through the custom paint shop. So for cars with unused paint slots, factory paints can be locally added as sort of quick bookmark to apply various colors in the custom paint shop (which show up online).. haha.

What? Custom paint shop can't replicate original colors at all. lol

49 minutes ago, Milli said:

What? Custom paint shop can't replicate original colors at all. lol

Lol, I'm saying even though the custom paint shop can't replicate factory colors, these colors still have specific coordinates that show up every time you enter the custom shop. So, even though you lose the real color of the factory paint upon entering, you can still consistently apply whatever coordinates it defaults to in the custom shop.

For example, if you have a car that has say only white, black and red factory paints, you can locally add a factory blue in an unused slot. This blue won't show up online, and if you bring it to the custom shop, the true color of the factory blue will disappear. However you can still apply whatever blue coordinates it defaults to, either plain or metallic. So essentially you're using a factory paint as a custom bookmark for the custom paint shop, so you don't have to keep manually painting cars every time you want a certain color.

EDIT:

This is the default "blue turquoise" paint of the 993, reapplied through the custom shop with the metallic option. I also did it twice to make sure the coordinates are consistent. These colors will never look as good as a factory paint, but sometimes they're not bad.

q7zQvtk.jpg

Edited by TDU Iceman

8 hours ago, Milli said:

Metallic colors are always coded as "RM_06"  That means it's "Red Metallic nº 06"

Thanks Milli! This is actually I need to create factory colors for my new cars.

• 2 months later...

Hi, sorry to be a bother, but I been trying use TDUF filetool to jsonify PMI files to see i can fix a few things on Surfer's Island.

This is my command:

FileTool jsonify -i "C:\sectors\Sector-0-2-0-7\Sector-0-2-0-7-V.pmi" -s "C:\sectors\Sector-0-2-0-7\PMI-map.json" -o "C:\sectors\Sector-0-2-0-7\Sector-0-2-0-7-V.json"

Result:

E:\testdriveunlimited1\TDU Platinum Toolkit\tduf\tools\cli>PUSHD ..\..

E:\testdriveunlimited1\TDU Platinum Toolkit\tduf>java -cp .\tools\lib\tduf.jar fr.tduf.cli.tools.FileTool jsonify -i "C:\sectors\Sector-0-2-0-7\Sector-0-2-0-7-V.pmi" -s "C:\sectors\Sector-0-2-0-7\PMI-map.json" -o "C:\sectors\Sector-0-2-0-7\Sector-0-2-0-7-V.json"
Will use structure in file: C:\sectors\Sector-0-2-0-7\PMI-map.json
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Structure mismatch for field key: entry_entity_list[2046].gap3
        at fr.tduf.libunlimited.common.helper.AssertorHelper.assertSimpleCondition(AssertorHelper.java:29)
        at fr.tduf.libunlimited.low.files.research.rw.GenericParser.readFields(GenericParser.java:89)
        at fr.tduf.libunlimited.low.files.research.rw.GenericParser.readRepeatedValues(GenericParser.java:151)
        at fr.tduf.libunlimited.low.files.research.rw.GenericParser.readAndDumpValue(GenericParser.java:133)
        at fr.tduf.libunlimited.low.files.research.rw.GenericParser.readFields(GenericParser.java:87)
        at fr.tduf.libunlimited.low.files.research.rw.GenericParser.readRepeatedValues(GenericParser.java:151)
        at fr.tduf.libunlimited.low.files.research.rw.GenericParser.readAndDumpValue(GenericParser.java:133)
        at fr.tduf.libunlimited.low.files.research.rw.GenericParser.readFields(GenericParser.java:87)
        at fr.tduf.libunlimited.low.files.research.rw.GenericParser.parse(GenericParser.java:56)
        at fr.tduf.cli.tools.FileTool.jsonify(FileTool.java:260)
        at fr.tduf.cli.tools.FileTool.commandDispatch(FileTool.java:175)
        at fr.tduf.cli.tools.GenericTool.doMain(GenericTool.java:52)
        at fr.tduf.cli.tools.FileTool.main(FileTool.java:91)

E:\testdriveunlimited1\TDU Platinum Toolkit\tduf>POPD

I would really appreciate if you help me with this problem. It would be a great asset to my work.

Plus java versions which im using.

java version "1.8.0_212"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_212-b10)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 25.212-b10, mixed mode)

hi Djey, i am having some interesting issues getting tduf to run, i wil attach a video file to this msg to show you what happens when i try to open tduf, i am running tdu off my portable HDD. i do not have an atari folder on my pc, i hve tried running tduf from my C drive and my portable, both with the same end result, any help would be greatly apreciated 🙂 https://www.dropbox.com/s/pkku38omofhk927/20190826_145555.mp4?dl=0 link to the video file

1 hour ago, BEight said:

Hi, sorry to be a bother, but I been trying use TDUF filetool to jsonify PMI files to see i can fix a few things on Surfer's Island.

This is my command:

FileTool jsonify -i "C:\sectors\Sector-0-2-0-7\Sector-0-2-0-7-V.pmi" -s "C:\sectors\Sector-0-2-0-7\PMI-map.json" -o "C:\sectors\Sector-0-2-0-7\Sector-0-2-0-7-V.json"

Result:

E:\testdriveunlimited1\TDU Platinum Toolkit\tduf\tools\cli>PUSHD ..\..

E:\testdriveunlimited1\TDU Platinum Toolkit\tduf>java -cp .\tools\lib\tduf.jar fr.tduf.cli.tools.FileTool jsonify -i "C:\sectors\Sector-0-2-0-7\Sector-0-2-0-7-V.pmi" -s "C:\sectors\Sector-0-2-0-7\PMI-map.json" -o "C:\sectors\Sector-0-2-0-7\Sector-0-2-0-7-V.json"
Will use structure in file: C:\sectors\Sector-0-2-0-7\PMI-map.json
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Structure mismatch for field key: entry_entity_list[2046].gap3
        at fr.tduf.libunlimited.common.helper.AssertorHelper.assertSimpleCondition(AssertorHelper.java:29)
        at fr.tduf.libunlimited.low.files.research.rw.GenericParser.readFields(GenericParser.java:89)
        at fr.tduf.libunlimited.low.files.research.rw.GenericParser.parse(GenericParser.java:56)
        at fr.tduf.cli.tools.FileTool.jsonify(FileTool.java:260)
        at fr.tduf.cli.tools.FileTool.commandDispatch(FileTool.java:175)
        at fr.tduf.cli.tools.GenericTool.doMain(GenericTool.java:52)
        at fr.tduf.cli.tools.FileTool.main(FileTool.java:91)

E:\testdriveunlimited1\TDU Platinum Toolkit\tduf>POPD

I would really appreciate if you help me with this problem. It would be a great asset to my work.

Plus java versions which im using.

java version "1.8.0_212"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_212-b10)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 25.212-b10, mixed mode)

Problem is, PMI support is still very expermental, not sure current structure knows enough to decode this format...

You may try attached structure file with fixed field name for GAP3. I can't guarantee this will work however...

PMI-map.json

Yep, working for the sample file given but I could not test on all PMIs 🤓

To solve the issue, one would have to study this particular PMI with a hex editor (hex workshop is very powerful), convert JSON structure to tool structure (in C langugage for HW) and find out why the current map file fails.

There's likely a mismatch with the size of structure: TDUF is expecting some data named GAP4, and end of file might be encountered instead.

Sorry not to be of that much help, but my vacation ended and can't find the time to investigate further. 😞

Edited by Djey

• 3 weeks later...

Hello people from TurboDuck! Really I miss this page!

Djey, can you help me with a little problem again if you can?

I switched to Windows 10 to play TDU Platinum and I get this strange error and can't edit database: (see attached image)

BTW thank you for making a very useful and powerful tool to edit the game!

TDUF_errorBnkFloadcopy.jpg

10 hours ago, Djey said:

Hi, try to remove read-only attribute on all files in TDU folder, including all subfolders.

As you're running tool as admin, there should be the only issue preventing files to be copied.

Also, consider sending logs appearing in the console window (TDUF-Database-GUI), eventually.

I fixed it!!! 😊👍

I followed your step but it didn't work, I got the same error, but I opened the "TDUF-database-gui.cmd" executable with administrator rights and it worked! Strange right?

Maybe the change of Windows 7 to 10 make this happen... Thanks very much for your support! ✅

I will continue to editing and playing this fun game... 🏎🚗🏍

Djey, I have two problems with two cars, I want to fix them , can you help me?

1-First problem is the Dodge Viper SRT-10 Roadster, I changed the model of this vehicle and now I get this weird front wheel size:

956582819_Screenshot16_9_201922_2429.thumb.jpg.04bf761e6566fc82a2bc93b87872c3cf.jpg

1857525483_Screenshot16_9_201922_2607.thumb.jpg.8e87ac6f0dbe97febe41f9b60108f768.jpg

I tried to change the size of the wheel in tduf but it didn't change at all in game:

Front wheel settings

image.thumb.png.7382d4e4f8c99914b3d8e9c9fd446a8c.png

Rear wheel settings

image.thumb.png.217432f9590562bae078cdc11e335c98.png

2-Second problem is the weird gear change in game when I tuned a very low power car like the Volkswagen 1200 Käfer Sedan (Type-1) to a very powerful tuning pack:

image.thumb.png.5edbffa4e36008df4527dc41e3cff0a9.png

8 hours ago, Milli said:

Welcome to TDU modding. And that is not a problem with TDUF, so, i guess Djey can't really teach you how to mod your own game. 

Ok, can you tell me who can help me with this? I really don't know what is happening here...so I want to fix these problems because I really needed to make those changes to this game because I was searching to make tdu mods.

How much can you help me? Do you know how to solve these errors?

🤔