We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDUF - Most advanced modding tools for TDU so far!

Djey

Two questions, one related, one somewhat related.

My main goal with the mod set I'm working on is to make TDU just better in every way. Obviously, the biggest problem in TDU is the environment modeling. Being a 3D modeler, this drives me absolutely insane. So is there any way to extract the environment models yet?

The other question, somewhat related: Is there a list anywhere that tell what files do what? I mean specifically inside the BNK. Commonworld.BNK is a mess. I'm spending hours just trying to find the right files

Very pleased to hear this!In my opinion it would make the world of TDU more and more interesting!As to questions ,there is a little painful ,I still could only unlock all cars and put them characteristics ,but since the dB does not see files just had to duplicate their existing ,but it would be very interesting to write new files to add at least one space that is in the DB !Thank you!

Two questions, one related, one somewhat related.

My main goal with the mod set I'm working on is to make TDU just better in every way. Obviously, the biggest problem in TDU is the environment modeling. Being a 3D modeler, this drives me absolutely insane. So is there any way to extract the environment models yet?

The other question, somewhat related: Is there a list anywhere that tell what files do what? I mean specifically inside the BNK. Commonworld.BNK is a mess. I'm spending hours just trying to find the right files

- By environment modeling, you mean island map, not buildings and things, right ? I have almost no idea about it, having worked with wehicles overall. All I know is all files are grouped by sectors and many bnk files, making it way too unuseable with current tools.

- No unfortunately, I know CommonWorld's are a mess and since we lack of Eden developer's tools, there's no obvious solution to process it.

By the way, I remember there was an issue when importing those models into ZModeler application: filters were not complete enough.

If you're going to be writing a tool to add new cars I wonder if it's worth building it into a proper car mod manager (including rims and sounds, cameras, IK, transmission/physics, etc) to make things noob friendly. Mod makers could put the relevant information into a .ini or .xml file that is read by your program.
That would be the point, indeed.

Now, past experience on TDUMT taught me to focus on what's the most important. I know that I'm not the only developer here and I wish someone else to build a 'noob friendly app' (as I stated in latest TDUMT thread replies). TDUPE was that kind of software.

My main concern is to focus on low level tools and APIs to make it possible. That's to say libraries, command line executables, scripting language etc...

There's no much proof of what can be done yet, and I hope to give more throughout coming weeks

Very pleased to hear this!In my opinion it would make the world of TDU more and more interesting!As to questions ,there is a little painful ,I still could only unlock all cars and put them characteristics ,but since the dB does not see files just had to duplicate their existing ,but it would be very interesting to write new files to add at least one space that is in the DB !Thank you!
Yes. One of the very first jobs could be to process all car slots in TDU database and see which are useable or not by adding all missing files (while 3D models are missing, we could put copies of Default Car and Bikes BNK ;) ). That way, a template to new car packs would be available for vehicle modders.

Btw, it still may be possible to enable some of them, which are locked currently (Audi A4 DTM, for example).

And next ? adding new slots is an experiment to make :)

There are many unused files. But I still think that those rims were probarly meant to be used on another car. I think that it would be great if we could at least reactivate cars found in DLC released after megapack for XBOX 360 (A4 DTM, Diablo GT, 350Z Roadster and on). What cars besides these DLC cars can be found (database, file names, rim names and on)?

What cars besides these DLC cars can be found (database, file names, rim names and on)?

Brabus (my bet, meant as option for Mercs since Brabus is mainly involved in Mercedes tuning, plus there's a Brabus rim inside the Merc folder)

Citroen 2CV

Gramlights (just a wheel brand, not a car brand)

Infinity G35 (not sure, but there's a G35 rim in the Nissan folder and Infinity is Nissan's luxury brand)

Lamborghini Miura Jota

Lorinser (these are the LM wheels in the Mercedes folder)

Mazda MX5

Mazda RX8

News !

Yesterday, I was parsing TDU files and I found 2 sets of rims which are present in TDU install folder but the game (a modder) can't properly use them.

That's because corresponding entries do not exist in Bnk1.map. Still.

vehicules/rim/chevrolet/cobalt_1_f_01.bnk

vehicules/rim/chevrolet/cobalt_2_f_01.bnk

They are currently attached to Chevrolet Cobalt slot.

So I'm working on a tool to update Bnk1.map with missing files.

That way, anyone could drop new files in bnk directories then use it to fix the mapping :)

Not all files otsutsvuyut, say they Cobalt wheels I already dovno registered under the particular model, as well, and Mazda, and some motorcycle wheels, however, I replaced all cars Motorcycles prescribing all wheels under them, in the end I have a lot of machines, drives, and machines can all tunengovatsya, even those that winning! If interested here Vile look, which can be useful for the development of our TDU Dolny Thank you!...

Yandex.Disk

Bnk1.map right ?

An old TDUMT version could do it - can't remember which one though, as I removed this feature years ago.

Now there's no such tool to open it and it will mainly depend on what you're planning to do. For that kind of files I'm mainly using a hex editor.

My next tools will provide much easier way to add new entries in it.

I have a few questions... :lol:

1. Is it possible to make in TDUMT a section where i can "add a new set of rim" for a specific car? Basically a wheel shop.

Example: Saturn Sky only has one set of rims, can i make it 2? For example, it uses Sky's and Curve's rims, without the need to replace them.

2. Is it also possible to add a rim/tire size modifier in TDUMT? I know there is a way to do it, but it is really complicated, would be easier if you just change the values, like 285/45/R19 for example.

3. Is it possible to make TDUMT work the same way as TDUPE? :lol: Would be better to have it all in one program.

--- Post Updated ---

[/color]i know what it is the old version it is TDUMT 1.12.0 with map tool, if you want i send you PM with link

Since a tool to enhance Bnk1.map is almost done, you should not give time to it. Many other file formats are still unknown or not well known (sound xmb, btrqs, ...) and need to be analyzed with hex editors and such. Just a friendly advice :)

And it should be possible to unlock some bike slots by updating database (it's a work in progress from my side ).

By the way I will have to document how all these things do actually work.

Thanks for 1.12, I always keep sources of my jobs but I didn't want to crawl over dozens of file and revisions to know where Map Tool was. :)

Btw, its features are rather limited (allows only to view and set file sizes).

TDUMT 1.13 can be downloaded from- tduaddons !

Yeah, indeed ;)

I have a few questions... :lol:

1. Is it possible to make in TDUMT a section where i can "add a new set of rim" for a specific car? Basically a wheel shop.

Example: Saturn Sky only has one set of rims, can i make it 2? For example, it uses Sky's and Curve's rims, without the need to replace them.

2. Is it also possible to add a rim/tire size modifier in TDUMT? I know there is a way to do it, but it is really complicated, would be easier if you just change the values, like 285/45/R19 for example.

3. Is it possible to make TDUMT work the same way as TDUPE? :lol: Would be better to have it all in one program.

Three interesting questions, one answer. Yes it's possible, but not by me. As explained in TDUMT thread, I won't add features to TDUMT and prefer to focus on 'under the hood' research for now .

Though, I could share sources to help anyone starting with a ultimate GUI project.