We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDUF - Most advanced modding tools for TDU so far!

Djey

... I guess I was too tired when I installed it. I found out the problem. But I got another problem, or maybe a path issue?

Je vais changer au français ici, des fois, mon anglais est déficient.

Donc, en gros, la version 1.13 me dit qu'elle ne trouve pas le bnk1.map dans Euro/Bnk/Database. Ce qui est normal, puis qu'il est dans  Euro/Bnk comme d'habitude. Si je bouge le fichier dans Database, est-ce que le jeu pourra le lire par la suite?

Troubleshooting: https://github.com/djey47/tduf/wiki/Troubleshooting-Editor

---

En français : il semble que les répertoires sont mal définis. Après avoir remis les settings a 0, tu dois indiquer d'abord le répertoire de la database, puis charger (load). Ensuite l'outil te demande l'emplacement du jeu.

Tu peux vérifier le fichier de paramètres ? Documents and settings\...\.tduf\tduf.properties

également les logs? Tduf\logs\DatabaseEditor.log

----

Issue is due to invalid directories given. After resetting settings, you first have to enter database directory, then Load. After, tool asks you game location.

You may check settings file: 

Documents and settings\...\.tduf\tduf.properties

logs as well:

Tduf\logs\DatabaseEditor.log

Just a quick question. IF I copy the db.bnk, in case I make an error, when I copy thiat db.bnk back after deleting/replacing the whole folder (which mean I'll also have removed the .json files) will my changes still be in there, or since I erased the .json files, they won't be there?

11 hours ago, RsZ28 said:

Just a quick question. IF I copy the db.bnk, in case I make an error, when I copy thiat db.bnk back after deleting/replacing the whole folder (which mean I'll also have removed the .json files) will my changes still be in there, or since I erased the .json files, they won't be there?

You will get initial contents back, since you deleted json files. Thus at next tduf launch it will unpack all again and convert to json.

10 hours ago, TDUZoqqer said:

tduf is loading up the database on launch and extracting everything to json again afaik. so when you close tduf, replace all files and open tduf again the json will be overwritten

as far as i know

Almost. Json files act as a cache, that's to say if DB bnks date is not newer than last extract date, tduf will keep using current json files. Otherwise, or if one deletes json cache manually or via editor advanced settings, bnk will be used.

BTW, I guess cache feature could be disabled, regarding current computers performance.

I'm thinking about a backup feature integrated into tduf. But many other things have to be done before!

Latest info: I'm working on a fix for this version; some of you have noticed a visual bug in mapping plugin of TDUF.

I'm working on a fix and will provide download link to 1.13.1 once it is cleared.

Thanks for your understanding.

And then I will be able to go on with 2.00 version, with a more modern look and feel and features, with enhanced support for file formats, including 2DM and XMB (I hope).

@-=[(ELVIS)]=- sure, current development is not future-proof. Here are my thoughts about it:

- I can't rewrite TDUF in another language, given amount of code in it.

- TDUF already relies on some TDUMT executable to handle BNK files

-.net and c++ apart, there is no way of running app in windows without it requiring an embedded runtime (Java, python, Ruby, js, etc...).

So for the future I'm considering 2 development aspects:

- maintenance and evolutions of TDUF will embed their own JRE, or will use a JRE which will be provided as separate download and will have to be extracted into tduf directory

- new tools based on TDUF might be written in different languages but like above, a runtime will be available or integrated (e.g JavaScript can run in an electron desktop application - at the cost of file size).

Other ideas? Thanks for feedback.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know why, but actually I have a small problem here.

In the past I could choose in TDUFs "Camera and IKs" also cameras by Milli, like several Subarus.
Now I am missing all these entrys, I just got thousands of "New Camera Set (...)". 😲
What I am doing wrong at once?

Any help is very appreciated, thank you!

PS: Copied Millis database files over, also tried TDUF 1.12 and 1.13

Edited by MagicV8

Hi,

your issue is now you're using genuine TDUF install, whereas Milli most probably is providing a "patched" TDUF with some custom camera list (genuine TDUF has default cameras list).

A solution might be @Milli provides TDU Platinum's cameras.json to replace the one in TDUF jar manually - or updates TDUF for Platinum 😀

22 hours ago, MagicV8 said:

I don't know why, but actually I have a small problem here.

In the past I could choose in TDUFs "Camera and IKs" also cameras by Milli, like several Subarus.
Now I am missing all these entrys, I just got thousands of "New Camera Set (...)". 😲
What I am doing wrong at once?

Any help is very appreciated, thank you!

PS: Copied Millis database files over, also tried TDUF 1.12 and 1.13

That's just the missing library. The game still works, but the name is missing. Later i send you.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Djey said:

Hi everyone,

just a small post to announce TDUF 2.0 is in development, and will feature some fixes and materials handling from Database Editor (read-only for now, I hope modifications will be possible - but without guarantee).

After that, there won't be more changes on this TDUF in the future (unless critical bugs will be detected).

I'm already working on a new architecture for TDUF, and it will represent tons of work. So don't expect to be released anytime soon. I will try to post details about it in a while.

Thanks for using TDUF!

Thank you for creating it Djey

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2020 at 9:06 PM, ///Λquarious said:

That's pretty awesome Djey, nice work! Hopefully one day something like this is possible in TDU2.

You can do that already, I did it a while back. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u40nvUXxgYY&feature=youtu.be

With TDU2 you can just make your own 2dm and put it into the cars bnk, but with TDU1 it's all in one 2dm.

@Djey how many materials are in the 2dm? 

@Minime891 there are 500+ materials in this file, covering interior, exterior and calipers. Maybe one day it will be possible to have color materials in the vehicle 2dm file as well... Adding materials in this kind of file is rather tricky.

Btw, many thanks also go to @Speeder for creating texture editor in TDUWE!

Edited by Djey

8 hours ago, Minime891 said:

You can do that already, I did it a while back. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u40nvUXxgYY&feature=youtu.be

With TDU2 you can just make your own 2dm and put it into the cars bnk, but with TDU1 it's all in one 2dm.

@Djey how many materials are in the 2dm? 

Interesting! Sadly your video is private, could you change it to unlisted?