We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDUF - Most advanced modding tools for TDU so far!

Djey

Yes, TDUF still requires Java jre 8 to 10 installed. Even in 2.0.

It's possible to download a jre package I've built specially for TDUF, which will need to be extracted into a particular directory in the tools. This way you would not have to let Java install itself into your system if you don't have/want to.

Considering changes made to Java and time required to adapt the project to Java 11+, it will be necessary to stick to previous versions so that TDUF continues to run.

TDUF.next will be without Java but thus require another runtime that could be integrated. .net is the only standalone option except coding with it is not in my skill plans...

3 hours ago, Djey said:

It's possible to download a jre package I've built specially for TDUF, which will need to be extracted into a particular directory in the tools. This way you would not have to let Java install itself into your system if you don't have/want to.

That sounds good and what I need.
I do not like Java on my PC. That was the reason why I asked. 😉

• 1 month later...

What do you mean?

If talking about app color themes, yes all you need is creating your own CSS file. Brief explanation is in tduf's wiki page on GitHub (settings section).

Otherwise, for now new colors for vehicle exterior/interiors can only be achieved by modifying an existing material. I guess some materials are not currently used and might serve this way. Might be worth adding such a mention in the tool? (In use: yes or no)

Small update:

latest in-game testing in changing car colors for existing materials resulted into a strange behaviour, that's said the game completely ignores changes made (huh ?!).

So until I'm able to dig deeper into the issue, upcoming version will only be able to display current colors (and some other seetings) for each material. Changes are not guaranteed to work and will be documented as ALPHA feature.

Anyway, since it's a tough task to add new materials in this 2DM file, I guess this is not a so annoying issue for now...

8 hours ago, Djey said:

Small update:

latest in-game testing in changing car colors for existing materials resulted into a strange behaviour, that's said the game completely ignores changes made (huh ?!).

So until I'm able to dig deeper into the issue, upcoming version will only be able to display current colors (and some other seetings) for each material. Changes are not guaranteed to work and will be documented as ALPHA feature.

Anyway, since it's a tough task to add new materials in this 2DM file, I guess this is not a so annoying issue for now...

Strange behavior? It's getting me curious! Tell us more, I want to know. lol

1 hour ago, LuMiraWolfAngel said:

I managed to get work the software but since I changed a default rims on a car, the game crashe in launch

Did you register the rim in the program? Is the "number" of the rim the same as something else's "number"?
Did you check for any errors in the database with TDUF before saving? Don't worry tho, if TDUF finds an error you still can fix it.

2 hours ago, RsZ28 said:

Strange behavior? It's getting me curious! Tell us more, I want to know. lol

Exactly what I wrote just after, the game simply ignores the color changes I am making with the tool. Nothing fancy here 😛

So disappointing and making me realize I may have lost hours for something which does not even work at the current state. Anyway, I will still publish TDUF 2.0 and people might help with finding why ?

Such a useful tool Djey 🙂

I use it to adjust the 'binoculars' value in the cameras and IKs fields so that most are changed to something around 16720 so i can use the in-game seat adjustment to actually be able to use the car mirrors and have a general wider view of the road around me. Great tool and glad you are still supporting it.

NOTE: for new users, always 'run it as administrator' so your changes get properly saved!

Edited by ZG264

21 hours ago, Djey said:

Exactly what I wrote just after, the game simply ignores the color changes I am making with the tool. Nothing fancy here 😛

So disappointing and making me realize I may have lost hours for something which does not even work at the current state. Anyway, I will still publish TDUF 2.0 and people might help with finding why ?

Aww. And here I thought it was making the cars fly, or summoning C'thulhu. XD

Reminds me when I toyed with the '68 Caddy's Vinyl Rooftop colors to the body colors. As the top color is assigned to the second color in the color, if I left the second color set to "nothing", the rooftop's color would be that of the previous body color in which I had set the 2nd color to something. Tho, I got to admit that I didn't try to buy that -incomplete- body color and take it out of the garage to see what would be the result.

On 10/22/2020 at 9:46 AM, ZG264 said:

NOTE: for new users, always 'run it as administrator' so your changes get properly saved!

Yes, that is needed particularly when TDU is installed at default location (program files). This path is 'protected' against malicious changes thus admin righs are required.

Edited by Djey

On 10/23/2020 at 1:09 PM, Djey said:

Yes, that is needed particularly when TDU is installed at default location (program files). This path is 'protected' against malicious changes thus admin righs are required.

Even then, Win10 wouldn't let me change anything. But then again, I always had weird, rebellious computers! So what I do when I want to change things, I transfer TDU to the desktop, do my changes, then put it back where it's supposed to go.