We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDUF - Most advanced modding tools for TDU so far!

Djey

So i'm tinkering with the values in TDUF for the Tesla Model SP85D (also with an eye on the Roadster Sport) to make the stats match to upcoming new versions (basically faster). So i can edit some values in TDUF but not the name of the vehicle? What tool(s) do you use to edit the displayed name of the car in game?

Of course it is with TDUF. All you have to do is using a custom value (called resource) for Car_realname or (Model_Name + Version_Name). These fields are in Datasheet tab.

1859325067_Capturedcran2020-10-30001712.thumb.png.d196997a9e65e778249237c5c0c60702.png

Creating resource is rather straighforward: click ... button on the right then either select an existing value or create your own.

704233500_Capturedcran2020-10-30002302.thumb.png.555000a5e1d2ba41315cea66b2c96d68.png

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I was checking the wiki and unable to find the instruction on how to tune car power parameters and the transmission ratios.

So far i know this:

In TDUF backup and then load the C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk\DataBase and find the car.

GRIP:
Tuning tab:
coef_grip: increasing this value car will have more grip and less wheel spin

POWER PARAMETERS:
Tuning tab, click tuning pack, right arrow icon, "Pack 3" tab (if you have level 3 tuned car), right arrow icon next to AFTER_MARKET_PACKS
Increase power_ratio

There is also Speed_ratio and Acceleration_ratio ratio, not sure how these differ from power ratio.

There are also more parameters like:

coef_accel (Tuning tab)

Regarding transmission ratios (gear XY ratio, Final ratio), i tried to play with it but the result is confusing. For example i would like to widen it because car got more power..

Thank you

AFAIK you can't tune gear ratios on tuning packs, only apply coefs to basic physical parameters. If you wanna apply new gearbox settings, the only way to go is to use a dedicated vehicle slot in car physics data and set tuning to use this slot instead. You may always point to the same 3d models files etc. Platinum uses this trick a lot to change vehicle body for example.

TUTORIAL: First steps in TDUF software, how to export car modification to a file ( file can be shared with others who can then import it in their DB using TDUF tool by @Djey )

Select database:

TDUF-1.gif

Then click "Load" and select TDU folder:

TDUF-2.gif

Select car you want to export to a file:

TDUF-3.gif

Click "Select" to confirm car selection and "Use all" to export all the car data:

TDUF-4.gif

I can use this export file (patch) to later import it and overwrite car data in database. Sharing performance/tuning of the car with others or to revert my modifications to the previous state.

SUMMARY:

---- How to import car in TDUF software? ----
1) make sure databasse is loaded:
click "..." next to Database field and select Database folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk\
click Load, select Test Drive Unlimited folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\
2) export original car data (optional, you can then return to original state of the car):
select car name / Export / TDUF patch / select correct car / Use All / save file
3) import car data:
select car name / Import / TDUF patch / click "Save" button to update the database, restart the game, modifications should be live
---------------------------------------------

Edited by postcd

Hi, anyone knows how to fix the issue where the TDUF modified car is hitting the rev limitter without me pushing the gas pedal?

This usually happen when i start the car in neutral position using gas pedal. I release gas immediately, but even the car is in gear it is not moving and hitting the rev limiter. After some seconds it start working. I do not think that it happen always, or sometimes it takes significantly less time. UPDATE: when i apply just small power (gas) at car start, the issue is prevented.. yet if anyone knows what may be causing this?

--------

How to discover which car is stored in mini.json export (patch) file (in order to backup original before importing)?
Search for: CAR_PHYSICS_DATA
and below the first line is ref value and when searching this value in TDUF (there is "REF" button), it is likely that it will jump to the right car?

Edited by postcd

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2021 at 5:02 AM, Djey said:

I still don't understand why it does not work although TDUF does modify the Colors.2dm file. I've no time to check in-depth right now.

Have you tested changing material colors with latest TDUF?

To be honest, I haven't played TDU for a while. I got the 7 days to die "bug", then, I got hit by the CMS2018 one. lol
So many games, so little time.

• 2 months later...

00905b6cd907cc04e9a702546bdb2a4e.jpg

Hi i have been tuning the "Nissan GT-R R35 Liberty Walk Spoiler" (Platinum pack tuning of the Nissan GT-R R35) parameters using TDUF last 2 days and i would like to share my findings about various parameters and i would like to read your feedback on that. + i am attaching the car data patch for TDUF so you can test the car if wanted

Summary of this car customization: 200% HP, +7th gear, 18% better brakes, 10% lower gravity center length, 20% higher sharpness
TODO: maybe it should turn a bit better into corners. ; 7th gear should maybe start in a bit higher RPM/or just decrease  top_speed_kmh a bit?

----Datasheet:----
Max horsepower (bhp): 895->1800 (increases car power, not just on paper)
----Tuning:----
gravity_center_length: 54->50 (lower risk of spinning during steering)
top_speed_kmh: 390->490 (rev. limiter of the highest gear is set to allow this speed)
coef_grip (UNCHANGED): 1100->900 (went too sideways in corners), 1200(hard to spin in corners)
coef_overturning (UNCHANGED): 101->201(too weird behavior, car spins when steering),50(car does not turn)
coef_accel (UNCHANGED) 88->160 (car is faster, power figures in garage not changes, similar effect has increase of the "Max horsepower" on Datasheet tab, yet it change power figures so i have modified later one)
coef_brake: 110->130 (car slows down more rapidly when braking)
coef_suspension (UNCHANGED):100->50(car is lively, has less-stiff suspension, good in corner)
coef_sharpness: 98->120; 150=(car is more lively/sharp steering in corners?)
----Transmission:----
Gears: 6->7
final ratio (UNCHANGED): unsure about effect
set 7th ratio (if car hits the rev. limiter in highest gear, then increase top_speed_kmh figure)
modified ratios of 2nd gear and up
flywheel inertia (UNCHANGED): 60->120(unknown result), ->240(car seems to easier go into drift and sideways, quite enjoyable)
----Dampers:----
ride height (UNCHANGED): 105f,115r, ->155,175(chassis is higher above wheels, car responding slower to steering)
suspension length (UNCHANGED) front(110), rear(120), setting to 200(unknown result), setting to 20,30(car hard to steer submerged to ground)

btw. how do you deal with newton-meter value of the car, because mine stays at original car value.. Thank you in advance

TDU1 Nissan GT-R R35 Liberty Walk (Spoiler) (DB no.536) 1800hp tuning.zip

Edited by postcd

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Djey, I've been trying for days, but I couldn't read the database. No Java and framework issues. When I press load it says "Database could not be loaded". I tried both the original game and platinum, but its not working. Logs: Please help me 

Spoiler

00:00  WARN: [AbstractEditorDesigner] Editor theme not found, using default colors

00:13  INFO: [DatabaseBanksCacheHelper] ->Unpacking TDU database: C:\Program Files (x86)\Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk\DataBase

1459109519_EkranAlnts.thumb.JPG.3011f1da97e9e29b043dddf20ba0948f.JPG

Edited by McNugget
added photo

1 hour ago, Djey said:

Hi,

have you tried opening database with TDU Modding Tools? TDUF uses same 'engine' to unpack BNK files.

Hello, Tdu Modding Tools is working nice. But Tduf is not working (I tried all versions). Im very confused .

1 hour ago, MagicV8 said:

Move the TDUF folder outside the Programs / Programs [x86] folder, perhaps to your user folder.
Could help.

Hello tduf is on desktop. The game is on Program Files x86, I tried moving it but it still didn't work.

15 hours ago, MagicV8 said:

I have installed Java: jre1.8.0_241 , jre1.8.0_301 and jdk-12.0.2
Try this.

What do the TDUF logs (DatabaseEditor.log, VehicleInstaller.log) contain?

Hello I tried the java versions you mentioned but didn't work. 

DatabaseEditor Log:

Spoiler

"(i) Will use system-wide Java runtime"
00:00  WARN: [AbstractEditorDesigner] Editor theme not found, using default colors
00:19  INFO: [DatabaseBanksCacheHelper] ->Unpacking TDU database: C:\Games\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk\DataBase

VehicleInstaller Log:

Spoiler

"(i) Will use system-wide Java runtime"
00:15  INFO: [DatabaseBanksCacheHelper] ->Unpacking TDU database: C:\Games\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk\DataBase
00:24  INFO: [DatabaseBanksCacheHelper] ->Unpacking TDU database: C:\Games\Atari\Test Drive Unlimited\Euro\Bnk\DataBase

I can't understand why it's not working, I'm so confused. Tdu Modding Tools is working but Tduf is not working. I also tried with embedded java but its not working too. Also database checking mode is not working too 

check.JPG