We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Things That Need To Be Fixed

TIMELESS

I noticed reddit's /r/The_Crew has put together an official list of things they feel need to be fixed. I was wondering what you guys/gals thought? Do you agree, anything to add? Hopefully the devs are taking these aboard and will try to improve issues players are having. They seem to be a passionate team so I would imagine/hope that they do.

Official List of Things that need Fixed or Changed : The_Crew

Glitches/Bugs

• Stopping/Braking/Cornering Bug or Exploit, More info here
  • PC Frame "jitter" when in first person. More info here
  • Huge performance drops on PC when driving through towns. Game will go from solid 60FPS but as soon as you get into any City FPS drops to 20-30fps. So far this has occured on AMD R9 290 on Omega driver and GTX 970.
  • Vehicle Grinding on medians and guard rails needs fixed
  • Cockpit mirrors

Things that were Overlooked

• AWD cars should perform like awd cars. When using boost the back wheels spin, when doing a burn out the back wheels spin, in a cutscene the back wheels spin.
  • Cut scene vehicle sounds. Why does my Challenger sound like a Honda Civic in cut scenes? Feels like the same sound was used for all the cut scenes.
  • Some cars are missing axles or don't have their lower control arms attached to anything. You can easily tell when looking at the front of the raid RAM SRT/10 and the Raid Silverado. Example Here
  • Skyline is not a V6, nor is it left hand drive.
  • 458 Italia sounds like a Ford GT. It should not. Watch a YouTube video

Things that need Changed

• At the minimum All Cars should be street and performance spec. All Suvs and trucks should be dirt and raid.
  • Remove automatic brake, when moving below 20mph the auto brake kicks in.
  • Police Vehicles (and enemy vehicles) need their super natural - physics breaking - incredible hulk crossbred with the flash abilities taken away. It's by FAR the most desired thing users want changed. Please re-asses the weight and speed of these vehicles and give them equivalent performance and weight to what their real life version would be. Police don't use 2800HP 30,000lb Ford F150s in real life, so why does the game have to? It sure does make it challenging, but to the point where people don't want to play the game anymore.More info here
  • AI not getting slowed by Destructible's ( Barrels, Fences, Signs)
  • Level Cap: A typical RPG will take weeks if not months to max you charecter. The Crews level cap can be easily obtained in about 12 hours of game time.
  • Economy: Earnings need adjusted. You earn $1000 for doing a near impossible mission and earning gold but you get $18000 for not even finishing a PvP race and coming in dead last. Mission and Challenge $ rewards need boosted. x5 or x10 would seem to be suitable or else earning more as you progress.
  • Vehicle Cost is very unbalanced. Prices should either be based vehicle prices off of their values in real life or else they should be priced based on performance. As of now vehicles seem to be priced on "coolness factor" which a a terrible way to value items in a video game.

Things that need Added, Suggested by the Community

• Custom controls and mapping
  • More Japanese based vehicles, the community seems to want these the most: Nissan GTR (R35), Nissan 240sx, Mazda RX7 and RX8, Toyota FT1, Toyota Supra, Lexus LFA, Subaru WRX STI
  • More German vehicles, the community seems to want these the most: BMW M3 (E92) and M4, Audi R8 and RS6, 2016 Mercedes-Benz GT AMG,
  • Map extension into Canada, Mexico, Japan or Hawaii.
  • Weather Snow, Rain etc

Changes to Vehicles

• Far to much wheelspin on vehicles lvl 700 and above. It's as iff traction control just disappears. This is highly unrealistic and not in a good way. It make most cars almost impossible to control with a few exceptions such as the Aventador. But as of now the LaFerrari, Agera, 458 Italia, Huayra all have absurd amounts of wheelspin that makes the vehicle undrivable. It's not a matter of skill or control it's just not well developed.
    • Koenigsegg Agera needs Performance spec fixed. P spec adds tons of power but the actual vehicle get about 75% reduction in performance when you upgrade from Fullstock to Performance. The Acceleration slows drops in 0-60 and 0-100, top speed drops from 240mph to 205mph. The actual "vehicle specs" do not match the actual performance when driving in game.

[*]Lafferari needs Performance spec fixed. P spec adds tons of power but the actual vehicle get about 75% reduction in performance when you upgrade from Fullstock to Performance. The Acceleration drops in both 0-60 and 0-100, top speed drops from 220mph to 203mph. The actual "vehicle specs" do not match the actual performance when driving in game.

The big issues I've noticed people talking about seems to be inaccuracies/physics problems and difficulty to earn money in the game.

I agree with pretty much everything here, really annoyed at the missing specs in general but like you said street spec should be available on every car.

The lack of traction is definitely a big issue with the game. I hate how on high level cars, perf spec especially, how hitting the nitrous while driving in a straight line causes wheelspin no matter what speed you are going. I don't think there is any car on earth that has enough torque to create wheelspin at 200 mph. Also my 458 oversteers on any corner with even the slightest amount of throttle, pretty uncharacteristic of a Ferrari.

Been enjoying the game the more I play it, but there is a lot of stuff that needs to be addressed, and sadly I don't think much of it will be.

Well since each spec has it's own global top speed for all cars, I kinda get why there isn't a Street Spec LaFerrari that's limited to 180 or 250kph for example. (People are already complaining about supercar performance dropping when tuned to Perf spec). If that wasn't the case, then those with the Season Pass would have an unfair advantage in being able to use the MP4-12C or Italia in Street spec events (not that I tried or anything).

That said, it would be nice to be able to unlock the story missions so that you could use any car from any spec once you reach Level 50. Using the wrong spec would simply deny you adding a leaderboard entry.

The other missing specs (raid, circuit), etc are coming in monthly free updates.

I'm sure with supercars, the devs look at what performance the car should have at max level, and then work backwards. There's an awful lot of levels between the basic perf spec and its maximum potential. And because the stock performance is so good in some cars, the baseline for perf spec falls below that. Moral of the story: if the level 526 perf spec LaFerrari is too slow, upgrade it. The game encourages you to do that.

I'm guessing the speed limit of perf spec is 400km/h. I've hit 398-ish... in a 370Z. And in a Ruf 3400K.

Fix the limited edition bonus for the PS4...by actually putting the damm thing up for download!

Honestly, this is what's happened. You can redeem your code, but can;t download it as Ubi havent put it up on the store. (And have acknowledged it) :fp:

Also, why was I racing a Dirt spec Silverado, when I can't get a Dirty spec Silverado... :mhmm:

Not sure if its a but but something to consider for change.

The Raid Spec Chevy Silverado has a flat textures as headligths, while the fullstock model has 3d models for the headligths whith look like 342654363 times better.

It's modeled after a real offroad racing truck (a baja truck or whatever it's called) and the real thing also has stickers instead of headlights so it's correct

The entire game would be a great start to fix, Wheel support is apple pie, the stability is crap, lack of feel in the game needs to be greatly improved, basically what I would do is pull it back and start from scratch, because the way it is now its beyond awful.....Although Graphics isn't all bad.... that's about the only good thing about the game...

How comes The Mini Cooper can't be upgraded to D spec, whereas the first dirt race in career has one to challenge you :D ?

Not the first example of this. AI cars are pre-set, presumably they already have some parts done for those specs but they are not ready for release to the public. There are a couple RAID cars that we can't get (EG: R34 Skyline), Circuit cars ('69 Charger, GT500 Mustang) the list goes on. Old news.

They should really add an option to turn off auto-playing skill missions so you don't have to divert round them all the time.

Also yes my beloved skyline is completely wrong, dunno how many people have driven it but apart from the above issues, in street spec the car can't decide how high pitched it's revs are, and keeps fooling me in to thinking I'm only doing 5k when I'm about to redline.

Thats the other thing! Why don't these cars have proper rev limiters?? I want to bounce off the limiter and spit flames, not buzz around at top revs like I've hit terminal velocity.

*Sigh*

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

Anyway my suggestions would be to remove the auto-brake like said above, that should definitely be a priority. I guess there is no point asking for descent physics but that'd be nice too. Also car revs for no reason when changing gears that's annoying as well.

I'll give it a whirl later. I still think the method of customising a car is all wrong.

What's wrong with the system that forza have used for years? Or the old nfs games (from underground to about shift 2)

Good old NFS Underground was damn impressive for the time. I remember in U2 you could even put it on a dyno and "tune" the engine/gear ratios.

• 1 month later...

I really really want to see a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X in the game. It fits right in with the game style, as well as provides a close competitor if the Subaru WRX STI ever made it into The Crew Plus I really miss that car *sniff*

I'd also like to see

• Removed auto-breaking below 20 MPH
  • Higher player levels
  • Tweaked bucks earning (There's no easy way to get them!)
  • Fixed car sound glitches (Most noticeable on the Skyline GT-R and the 458 Italia)

Anyway my suggestions would be to remove the auto-brake like said above, that should definitely be a priority. I guess there is no point asking for descent physics but that'd be nice too. Also car revs for no reason when changing gears that's annoying as well.

now I wonder what I said here. Ryan could you send me a pm I wanna have a good laugh.

I really really want to see a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X in the game. It fits right in with the game style, as well as provides a close competitor if the Subaru WRX STI ever made it into The Crew Plus I really miss that car *sniff*

I'd also like to see

• Removed auto-breaking below 20 MPH
  • Higher player levels
  • Tweaked bucks earning (There's no easy way to get them!)
  • Fixed car sound glitches (Most noticeable on the Skyline GT-R and the 458 Italia)

Don't suppose you've heard the Miura then :lol:

(seriously, I would have bought it if not for the hideous sound and messy interior if i remember correctly)