We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

So, cruises? (Register Interest here)

Dan G

I was going to inbox Ryzza but his inbox is full! Get your spring cleaning done early mate! :lol:

If there was enough interest from this I figure we could sort a sub forum like we use to have for TDU.

So yes, anyone want to sort having a little group cruise like the old days? I understand the game is flawed but the basic principles from TDU are mostly there! (Obviously).

Lots of options for what we could do, I'm sure Ozz or Ryzza could fill those of you in who didn't see what we used to do!

Even if we just do one test cruise to see if it works well or not.

We could pick some random points to drive to and do a mystery gps type thing perhaps? (Each person picks their own gps point to drive to, then we take it in turns to drive to the nearest place starting from our original meeting point. We can either do "Road rules" and drive at the speed limit(ish) or just go as fast as possible and wait for the rest to catch up.

Probably a good idea to set a limit to the cars used, I was going to base it on level but might be easier at first to just limit it to street/dirt cars first.

Please post your interest below :) If enough people want in we'll organise a time and day then start a new thread!

Oh and if this has been covered already feel free to shoot me down :nuts:

All depends if you've stopped working on Saturday mornings, Dan! Test cruise #1 has been completed with Ozz, Col and khev but they kept wanting to stop for picnics in the pretty landscape.

The inbox is full to stop random noobs (and Rob) asking me about TDU1 online issues. If at any time you wish to cruise say hi to me on Steam! :hiya:

Im up for some cruising, count me in

Btw Ryzza

You mean me? Or what because i got confused?

No, not you. He knows who he is. :)

Saturday morning (UK) / evening (AU) sounds like a go then.

How are we supposed to find and connect to you XR if you're not on our friends list - it's hard enough connecting to friends as it is without sending a Crew invite first.

No, not you. He knows who he is. :)

Saturday morning (UK) / evening (AU) sounds like a go then.

How are we supposed to find and connect to you XR if you're not on our friends list - it's hard enough connecting to friends as it is without sending a Crew invite first.

You send me a request. Simple as. I play the game often enough that I can just accept requests on boot. Reason why the uPlay ID is in the siggy. All you need to do is be like "Initiative just kicked in y0!" and type that junk into uPlay.

Confused because you said your uPlay friends list is empty (synonymous with in-game friends list on PC) and you don't use the platform.

I don't have signatures visible so didn't notice. ;)

The list IS empty because I don't just send or accept random requests and I HAVE to use uPlay launcher for The Crew; I just don't use it outside of when the game is running. Even then I feel like I need to sprinkle the screen with holy water and make a couple passes over the HDD with a cross

If you haven't progressed much you'll probably more enjoy the Full Stock handling-wise. I've got plenty of cars to choose from so now fussy. Hint, pick a starting point near a train station or airport for those who haven't discovered much of the map.

Or we could head out of Detroit towards the bottom-left corner of the Midwest state into Mountain State on some of those nice chillax forest/woods roads.

@Hautstuff

Reminds me of a race we setup in TDU1 years ago. Dan may remember. 7 of us raced direct from the NE lighthouse to the SW ligthouse offroad, only allowed to cross roads but not drive on them, racing against one person in the slowest car Gullwing, driving on road at speed limit and obeying signs, etc. Could easily do something similar in The Crew one day when we're more familiar with the map.

While most people chose the RS4 or Murcielago I went for the Koenigsegg because POWER!

20090411154305.jpg

If you haven't progressed much you'll probably more enjoy the Full Stock handling-wise. I've got plenty of cars to choose from so now fussy. Hint, pick a starting point near a train station or airport for those who haven't discovered much of the map.

Or we could head out of Detroit towards the bottom-left corner of the Midwest state into Mountain State on some of those nice chillax forest/woods roads.

@Hautstuff

Reminds me of a race we setup in TDU1 years ago. Dan may remember. 7 of us raced direct from the NE lighthouse to the SW ligthouse offroad, only allowed to cross roads but not drive on them, racing against one person in the slowest car Gullwing, driving on road at speed limit and obeying signs, etc. Could easily do something similar in The Crew one day when we're more familiar with the map.

While most people chose the RS4 or Murcielago I went for the Koenigsegg because POWER!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-HX7xZ5l38HQ/SeCTG6bPNtI/AAAAAAAAIXA/2Hgex6viYNc/s1152/20090411154305.jpg

or one of my challenges, I remember splitting into groups and the group with the lowest class cars had the shortest route and the fastest had the longest route to reach SE Lighthouse from clubhouse at north.

We should try that sometime.

--- Post Updated ---

Shall we go for street spec cars? So anyone who hasn't progressed much can join in?

Ryzza can pick the time since he'll be the one going to sleep first.

I have the street spec mustang that's the only car I have. but we should be fine if we don't drive flat out to everywhere.

@Hautstuff

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-HX7xZ5l38HQ/SeCTG6bPNtI/AAAAAAAAIXA/2Hgex6viYNc/s1152/20090411154305.jpg

I remember that alright :P We need to get pyrre on this.

or one of my challenges, I remember splitting into groups and the group with the lowest class cars had the shortest route and the fastest had the longest route to reach SE Lighthouse from clubhouse at north.

We should try that sometime.

--- Post Updated ---

I have the street spec mustang that's the only car I have. but we should be fine if we don't drive flat out to everywhere.

I don't mind ONLY keeping up, I mean I only have the 2 nissans atm, so I'll probably stick with my skyline in street spec.

I'll try set a reminder to come on here tomorrow and speak to Ry so we can have another test run.

Perhaps meet somewhere like the marina/pier area in the north east of chicago.