We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

BBC Top Gear [It's back!]

Andreas¹

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, Matt LeBlanc is going to be the new co-host alongside Chris Evans......

He's a big car nut, but he's lacking charisma. Still a pretty big name for them to get though.

Wonder if this tweet from mr.harris is on the same topic: chris harris on Twitter:

Wouldn't surprise me, with how much things appear to have been going wrong, if Harris was once on board and isn't anymore. But he just closed his Patreon account, meaning he's no longer accepting donations for his CHoC videos. So he's either still on the TG express or he's got other plans.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if anyone else here has seen this yet, but the presenters have been confirmed at

Meet your new Top Gear presenters! | Top Gear

Not sure about how many they presenters they have, but fairly happy to see Chris Harris in and to an extent Matt LeBlanc (because Friends), although I don't expect him to carry on with the Joey being silly/stupid act :p

The trio setup didn't work well for other Top Gear shows around the world so it makes sense not to follow on that format but instead go for something new. I still do not like that they have Evans, I just don't like him. When he does The One Show on Fridays his voice grates my ears so much. So I wonder how he and some of the others are going to be used? Possibly something like a presenting team and a driving team?

Having Harris is a massive tick, Sabine too. Need to see how Matt and the other guy play off everyone and convey their own experiences in the cars and the other topics that will get discussed.

Maybe it's even a starting large and seeing what sticks work plan by the BBC. Guess we'll need to wait and see. :hmmm:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The BBC has just announced a spin off from TopGear called ExtraGear, which will be 30 mins of exclusive footage, interviews, behind the scenes etc hosted by the Topgear Presenter Rory Reid (not yet seen any of his work so can't judge that appointment).

It will be broadcast on BBC 3, meaning the iplayer as that channel is no longer on TV.

‘Extra Gear’ is Top Gear’s new, behind-the-scenes show | Top Gear

PS: I've changed the thread title to BBC TopGear so that we can distinguish it from the Amazon as-yet unnamed TopGear.

CBA posting about all the latest tabloid drama with chris evans.

• 2 weeks later...