We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

BBC Top Gear [It's back!]

Andreas¹

Great news to see that he realised this and didn't drag it out till the end of his contract or until he got sacked.

I'd be fairly happy with Harris, Reid and Sabine as the main presenters. If the producers let them just be themselves then I think it could be a pretty good show, especially with time and once they all settle in to being behind a camera, or 10 at any one time.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If i'm honest I haven't truly warmed to Reid, something about him just doesn't come across well, he seems too uncomfortable and over the top happy, maybe with time that'll change though.

Glad Evans has gone, and it's good that he took this step quickly himself. I imagine he knew he was going to do it for a fair while now. If he does a memoir/autobiography in the next few years i'd definitely be interested in hearing his viewpoint on it all.

As I said in my posting on the site, his shouty and loud person works for early morning tv and radio but for the type of programme that Top Gear is, it just doesn't work and irritates the ears. As little as I sometimes catch The One Show, when he is on I have to turn it off as his voice is just that painful for that type of show.

I think my attempted point didn't hit you. In respects only to talking on a radio show about that specific subject, imagining a 'memoir' style delivery, I do not think anyone would be 'shouty' during that specific delivery. Ironically the only person I can imagine who might would be JC.

Yes he was shouty on TG and yes it was annoying.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, that's all I have to say to this, yes.

Of course it wasn't perfect, it will get good reviews, possibly exaggerated over the top reviews, but this trio seem to work well together, although I still haven't completely gotten used to Reid.

This episode was better than a lot of the latest episodes of TGT, it wasn't better than it all, but it has every possibility of overtaking it. I'm glad TG is back, as this had made me realise just how bad some vlog channels are, this completely beats them into submission.

I hope this will give Clarkson, Hammond and May the correct kick up the arse to fix what was wrong with TGT :)

Started strong with the FXX K segment and the new studio is a proper car enthusiasts dream. The interview of the guest is always the weakest part I feel despite the new RFC, though McAvoy was alright and had some good chat. Harris needs to tone down the 'angry old man yells at cloud' persona as he seems to forceful at times, and it would be a shame to have people go off him as his pieces and his driving skill are really top drawer stuff.

The main piece of the high-milers had its moments and despite some scripted events, it flowed well enough to not be completely predictable ([spoil]that rear impact was something else![/spoil]), the Volvo sounded amazing after that though so I easily forgot about it. Harris' car developing a certain trait also provided a few moments of comedy. In saying this however, they need to work on their chemistry and banter as it falls down at times and it becomes kind of awkward at parts.

All in all though, a good start and an excellent base to build upon.

Started strong with the FXX K segment and the new studio is a proper car enthusiasts dream. The interview of the guest is always the weakest part I feel despite the new RFC, though McAvoy was alright and had some good chat. Harris needs to tone down the 'angry old man yells at cloud' persona as he seems to forceful at times, and it would be a shame to have people go off him as his pieces and his driving skill are really top drawer stuff.

The main piece of the high-milers had its moments and despite some scripted events, it flowed well enough to not be completely predictable ([spoil]that rear impact was something else![/spoil]), the Volvo sounded amazing after that though so I easily forgot about it. Harris' car developing a certain trait also provided a few moments of comedy. In saying this however, they need to work on their chemistry and banter as it falls down at times and it becomes kind of awkward at parts.

All in all though, a good start and an excellent base to build upon.

Couldn't say it better myself, 100% agree with you on this.

There's simply no need to care about which is better out of TG or TGT anymore, as we should just take for granted that we have 2 high-budget car shows that are worth watching (for the most part).

I enjoyed it... but tend to switch off a bit when Rory's on.

I'd really like to see them actually fixing up the cars after they smash them up. Thats the only thing missing for me... not even WheelerDealers does that anymore.

The FXXK segment was good too, but I wish they'd stop dumbing down the parts like that. Just give all the tech info and if people don't understand it they can go away and learn or just miss out