We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

BBC Top Gear [It's back!]

Andreas¹

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be willing to bet the Fezza is the fastest, I really hope they can pitch them against eachother. I mean, they're gonna be close, just because 1 comes last, doesn't mean its the worst.... just means its the 3rd best hypercar in the world

McLaren Reveals Its Ready for Hybrid Hypercar Comparison Test

After the episode aired however, McLaren Automotive posted on its Twitter that it was in fact ready for a track test of the three hybrid hypercars and that it was instead Top Gear which stopped the comparison from going ahead. As a matter of fact, McLaren claims that filming was pencilled in to take place during the week but that the plug was pulled by Top Gear for yet unknown reasons.

After all, Top Gear magazine managed to gather the three hypercars together for an on-road test so it is certainly reasonable to assume that the world’s most watched automotive show will be able to conduct a track test in the future.

Very interesting. :hmmm:

It's really lame how BBC blocks their internet streaming to other countries.

Pretty much what Mike said, we pay for it (unfortunately). They should however offer a Netflix style monthly payment thing for less monies to people abroad. Maybe we wouldn't have to pay as much if they did :mhmm:

Didn't know you guys had to pay. I thought it was like an open channel in UK, since everyone seems to watch it.

Yar, we have to pay a TV licence even if we only have freeview. It's like a tax that pays for the BBC, other channels are payed with their ad revenue, where as the BBC don't broadcast adverts.

Yes, it's just like the ABC government channel here in Australia, except that the BBC actually has good shows on it.

I'd have to spend something like $80 per month on an excessive FoxTel bundle to legally watch TG here, so I'll keep DL'ing it until greedy companies give us an iTunes style model where we can buy only what we want at a reasonable price.

What? BBC is basically a channel, that uses the governament to tax you guys? Like, in rough explanation...

The BBC is a huge corporation, covering sports, news, weather, radio, a fair few TV channels, it creates its own TV shows rather than simply buying them and more.

So yeah, your explanation is pretty much right but it's not 100% absurd, though not everyone is happy about it.

Yes but they have adverts, like, 15 mins of adverts per hour, so an hour of TV is really 40-45 mins unless it's a really awful channel or show and then it can sometime drop below 40 mins per hour of TV.

We don't get any advertisements on anything to do with BBC because of the license fee. On things like the radio, this makes a big difference.

They don't even advertise themselves?

Edit: Even if they don't, i think it's not really fair to make people pay for it, it should be a choice... people who do not pay, don't have it. Like everyone.

I mean, even if you don't watch BBC, you must pay for it, and that's where it get's unfair.

They have idents to promote their own shows and also some public information pieces but no real advertising in the typical sense. If you have no TV and don't watch iPlayer I don't think you need pay it but that has to be proven otherwise a fine could be dished out. Only this week though they have been talking about how it is hard for them to justify to people to pay the TV License fee nowadays, especially with some only using streaming services for all their watching needs.

Ah, i don't think the "no advert" thing is an excuse to force everyone who has a TV to pay it. It's their choice to make it "adv free", and i think they use the gouvernament as a tool to force everyone to pay for it. Here in Brazil, we have a advert free, open channel, it's called TV Brasil, it's a channel run by the gouvernament.

Main problem is that most people don't watch it, or even know it exists, because it streams mostly educational programs, about culture, health, etc...

I don't know, i might be very wrong about this, but to me, this BBC thing sounds very wrong, they force you to pay something they have decided by their own. And i know this is very offtopic when it's about Top Gear, so, i will end my part on it here. :lol:

They make decent shows and it's not even one channel, there's like... 5? BBC 1, 2, 3, 4 and BBC news. Personally when I lived in my own I didn't even connect the TV to my aerial, paying £6 a month for Netflix is better value for money for me since I don't watch anything but top gear on BBC.