We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

BBC Top Gear [It's back!]

Andreas¹

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Through all my moaning and how much I missed the old shows, I still think you should watch it and give it a shot yourself. The original trio took a while to get settled, TG US was just as heavily criticised and has now found its stride.

At the end of the day there are still segments on the Ariel Nomad, Willys vs Defender, Corvette Z06 and the Viper. Even though the show itself was mehhhh I still suggest you watch it.

--- Post Updated ---

HR2wBq9.png

Oh no. Ignoring the FACT it's Series 23 Episode 1, not the other way around Chris, telling us we're wrong is not going to help win us over.

Why is he focusing on the stats? The show is being absolutely slated for so many other things, the FACT it's not as popular as it was under the other trio isn't really that important to me as a viewer.

I don't really care who is fronting it but they need to be likeable and convey the excitement or boredom they are feeling through to us the viewer. I know the others will start to gel unless egos get in the way, but Evans is just one of those people who you know will never change.

Even when he was a guest on Top Gear and talked about his cars, he sounded more like one of those people who literally screws them, over someone who adores driving them.

Better episode this one, was worried at the start when Evans mentioned about more shouting but it seemed Matt took over more of the narrating and introductions than the previous week. The star interviews and voting with the audience parts are still diarrhoea but the actual main sequences was very watchable. Evans was still an arse in some of it, but not a huge amount and the cinematography plus the additional guests threw in more dialogue to thankfully take away from the chance at more of him anyway.

It felt strangely like there were things being introduced to stop Evans being around in some form on our screens in fact. And that, was a good thing. :p