We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Ford GT concept introduced

CLR-GTR

I quite like how surrounded and safe you feel in a car and I enjoy the added luxuries (it's why you'd find me in a 911 GTS rather than a GT3), but I don't disagree that bikes are totes amazeballs.

I agree with those that say there's too much going on, the awesome pig exhausts would look better without the side gap thingy, and vice versa. If this V6 Ecoboost sounds similar to the F-Type V6S then all is fine, though it should have sounded like the V8R.

Since when do American iconic cars use those??

Well, Ferrari's Turbocharged california shows that even the iconic brands that tend to ignore this kind of technological progress are starting to open their eyes a bit too.

Which is good, because I think the dodge viper sales prove that big engine + shoddy build quality + average handling = passé, getting a bit of a tired formula. Not hating on American cars though, because cars like the Z06 show things are changing, as does this Ford GT.

The interior is a huge dilemma though, are US companies leaving the luxury to the europeans? Cadillac is meant to be THAT brand for the US, but they don't have the balls to do anything about it.

Because Cadillac prices themselves out the market once they arrive on this side of the world (for a part due to economy, emissions etc) and it's hard to mix in among established brands, especially when luxury brands have to take on Audi/BMW/Lexus/Mercedes.

Quality improvement in interiors is also not just simply using expensive posh materials. An Audi AG or Mercedes-Benz has whole departments analyzing the click sound of every button, the force it takes to press them, the touch and feel. Most likely they have 500+page documents on how to properly texture plastic and what coatings have to be used. As for the Ford GT though, they just want something lightweight, little equipment etc. Might have gone a tad too far with it though.